New car with Apple play and Android play

Hi how to watch movies/videos,photos with the car stereo using Apple play or Android play?Do I have to buy some kind of cable or how does that work?

I connected my Iphone to the car stereo and it plays the music from youtube but doesn't show the videos.Are there some special settings ?

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Watching videos on the car stereo sounds about as safe as texting while driving your motorcycle one handed.

I think possibly, and hopefully, that the ability to show movies is disabled when the car is in gear and moving.

Did you know cars have 4,5,7 or more seats and there is a chance they sit with me in the car  while i'm driving?Maybe the passengers like to watch a movie or videos etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Did you know cars have 4,5,7 or more seats and there is a chance they sit with me in the car  while i'm driving?Maybe the passengers like to watch a movie or videos etc.

So will you wear blinkers and ear-plugs while said video is playing for your passengers, mostly sitting behind you? 

It would obviously be safer for each passenger to watch their own individual movie on their own device.

I know where you are coming from, and realise that for a driver to look at his central console to check the tyre pressures, or look at a Sat Nav map is probably more distracting than a movie anyway.

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Are there some special settings ?

There must be thousands of different makes of car stereos with their own unique settings. How is anyone able to answer this besides the normal common sense approach that videos should only be displayed on seats behind the driver?

33 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

There must be thousands of different makes of car stereos with their own unique settings. How is anyone able to answer this besides the normal common sense approach that videos should only be displayed on seats behind the driver?

Why reply at all if you can't answer?Very amazing!!!If someone asks a question and I can't answer it then I don't answer with some bla,bla,oh man some people.Just by the way there is a 22000bt monitor installed for the backseats,anyway question wasn't about backseats monitor.What is wrong with you people???

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I know the head unit can be unlocked in Honda's. But not by the dealer. I've seen it advertised in some honda groups. I think it's about 2000 baht. Failing that, you can change the head unit to one that does allow movies to be played. 

I know it can be done very easily on a new car model recently selling in Thailand with a usb memory stick/flash drive.

But also seen reports of only YouTube audio ( no video ) on another new car sold recently in Thailand so am guessing it depends on the car.

If the op gave us the make and model of car he might get some more definitive answers.

18 hours ago, DavisH said:

I know the head unit can be unlocked in Honda's. But not by the dealer. I've seen it advertised in some honda groups. I think it's about 2000 baht. Failing that, you can change the head unit to one that does allow movies to be played. 

Thank you very much

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I know it can be done very easily on a new car model recently selling in Thailand with a usb memory stick/flash drive.

But also seen reports of only YouTube audio ( no video ) on another new car sold recently in Thailand so am guessing it depends on the car.

If the op gave us the make and model of car he might get some more definitive answers.

Honda HRV EL hybrid model

On 5/8/2023 at 9:41 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Why reply at all if you can't answer?Very amazing!!!If someone asks a question and I can't answer it then I don't answer with some bla,bla,oh man some people.Just by the way there is a 22000bt monitor installed for the backseats,anyway question wasn't about backseats monitor.What is wrong with you people???

I feel your pain, brother.

I was going to ask if anyone knew how to install a roller disco in the back of my Toyota Vellfire to keep the kids entertained, but I won't bother now. ????

• Thanks 1

No, you cant watch video, you plug in a data cable into your phone (although there are bluetooth adaptors, they have a tendency to be unreliable)

Then a limited number of apps become available on your cars touchscreen (for your own safety) 

Basically, Maps / Google maps / Waze, spotify / Apple Music / some other music apps are CarPlay enabled, Messages (SMS) / LINE / Telegram - you can get your messages read out to you, you can dictate / send and Calendar, I think that's about it, although you can do a fair bit of funky stuff with shortcuts. It's rather annoying, because you cant use Soundcloud app, and YouTube. I understand what you are saying, but I dont think there is the ability to add additional headrest panels into the system, it's quite primitive in some respects.

The phones screen becomes inoperable, but you just need to confirm you are not moving to use it.

The wife has android, she uses spotify / google maps - I found it a bit tricky to find an android data cable, a lot of the cheaper ones are just charging cables, fwiw.

Edited by recom273