BB or pellet air gun

mikejphuket

Old Town.  They used to sell them in the basement of Robinsons department store.

Go to old town and then to one of the many motorbike modification shops there.  Have a photo of what you want on your phone if you don't speak Thai.  Ask the lads in the bike shops.  And then pay one to lead you to where the shop is that sells what you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Old Town.  They used to sell them in the basement of Robinsons department store.

Go to old town and then to one of the many motorbike modification shops there.  Have a photo of what you want on your phone if you don't speak Thai.  Ask the lads in the bike shops.  And then pay one to lead you to where the shop is that sells what you want.

Thank you 

10 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

also be careful of archery equipment  it is  prohibited  unless you belong to a club

Hmmm... then I am a criminal. I bought a Russian made crossbow in BKK Chinatown 15 years ago and still have it. This crossbow shoots bearings as well as bolts (xbow arrows if you don't know already). I love the bloody thing. Wasn't sure it was illegal though. I knew that .177 and .22 pellet guns were. I would love to start archery again, but no ranges nor suppliers in my area.

11 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Hmmm... then I am a criminal. I bought a Russian made crossbow in BKK Chinatown 15 years ago and still have it. This crossbow shoots bearings as well as bolts (xbow arrows if you don't know already). I love the bloody thing. Wasn't sure it was illegal though. I knew that .177 and .22 pellet guns were. I would love to start archery again, but no ranges nor suppliers in my area.

Normal good bows are sold freely on Shopee and Lazada.....

11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

catapult is equally effective and much cheaper

I have a BB gun and catapult. If I had to choose it would be a catapult. I use kids glass marbles as ammo. Normally both bought in 20 Baht shop.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I have a BB gun and catapult. If I had to choose it would be a catapult. I use kids glass marbles as ammo. Normally both bought in 20 Baht shop.

Well I learned something today ????. I thought that the previous mention of catapult was a joke, now I'll give it a try.  What kind of range do they have?

16 hours ago, mikejphuket said:

I thought that the previous mention of catapult was a joke, now I'll give it a try. 

What will happen is once you've used the catapult on them a few times they'll run before you get a chance to load up. They may be dogs but they ain't stupid.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

when central in Phuket town first opened there was s shop that sold crossbows an pellet guns but that was ages ago
I brought a nice pellet pistol off Lazada

I'm pretty sure that place is gone, but I'll have a look. 

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What will happen is once you've used the catapult on them a few times they'll run before you get a chance to load up. They may be dogs but they ain't stupid.

Kind of think I'd have to hit them at least once to make sure they understand the message.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, mikejphuket said:

Well I learned something today ????. I thought that the previous mention of catapult was a joke, now I'll give it a try.  What kind of range do they have?

Catapult is British English. We call them slingshots in the civilised world ????.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

I have a few catapults, but I am absolutely useless with them. Couldn't hit a tin can at 4 yards. I have a bb gun too and and much more accurate with that. Having said that, I couldn't hide the bb gun in my pocket, or the neighbour would think I am very pleased to see her. 

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I have a few catapults, but I am absolutely useless with them. Couldn't hit a tin can at 4 yards.

You don't have to hit the dogs. They'll get the message soon enough. I use mine when I go cycling. I only have to reach for my catapult and they're gone these days.

• Like 1