Holiday Visa For My Wife

I'm looking to take my wife on holiday but have no idea what the visa requirements will be.

We are in the UK and my wife has been here since November on her two year settlement visa.

I'm thinking about somewhere mid-range in distance such as Egypt - Sharm el Sheikh - although not made final decision.

Any guidence on what is required for holiday visas would be appreciated.

A settlement visa gives her free travel to and from UK only ( but including Switzerland), If she wants to travel to any other country she must apply for a visa at the relevant countries embassy in the UK.

Different counties have different requirements when applying for a visa. Check the embassy or consulate for the countries you are considering visiting

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Thanks.

I've had a look at the website for the Egyptian consulate and it doesn't seem to be a problem to get a visa for a Thai national.

Go to any embassy schenzen visa you are supposed to land first in the country that gave you it but they do not bother at all.

So if you get it from Danish embassy you must go via that country first but my friend got one from there and went straight to Spain no problems.

Go to any embassy schenzen visa you are supposed to land first in the country that gave you it but they do not bother at all.

So if you get it from Danish embassy you must go via that country first but my friend got one from there and went straight to Spain no problems.

Egypt is not part of the Schengen agreement so a Schengen visa would not allow his wife to enter Egypt.

• 9 months later...

Would be interested to know the outcome. Did you manage to obtain a visa for Egypt and how difficult / easy was it?

I have just started work in Egypt and want to bring the TG out for a visit / holiday. She is presently in UK on the 2nd year of a 2 year settlement visa

Any information or guidance would be appreciated