20 foot shipping container

RafPinto

Yes, they are available on FB market place. From Bangkok and they deliver anywhere in the country. Im planning on getting one to build a workshop from one. 

Wont let me paste a link here so heres a pic with a phone number. PM me for full details. 

IMG_1311.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

About 5 years ago I contacted a business in the BKK area selling shipping containers . Guy I dealt with was Canadian ...I found them online..

I had it trucked up to where I was building a house about 3 hours southwest of Chiang Mai (fairly remote). Truck had a Hi ab crane on it. We poured some short appox 40cm x 40 cm post a few days before the arrival. to set it on so it would be level in an area that was accessible by the truck. I ordered the cheapest one available. Too beat up to got to sea anymore. But weather proof and still able to be closed and locked. It cost me just about 56000 baht.

They make excellent secure storage. There is no economic sense to build a dwelling out of them.

Having said that the creative aspect of building with them might be fun.

I ve owned three in various countries ... make sure your ready to receive it in its final resting place 

cuz they are hard to move once dropped of with out a crane. A digger can drag then around but unless you have a massive digger you wont lift them easily.

Good luck  Sorry I dont have the contact info but that was before covid so probably not relevant.

I though it might be cheaper to buy locally but the guys locally who pretty much paid what I Paid to have them delivered are justifiable keen to make some money on top and you still need the hi ab truck for a couple hours .

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

There's a company near Kabin Buri along the road from Nakon Nayok that sells them and builds houses out of them on your property.

A friend did this and it turned out pretty nice. Tried to google it but you may just have to take the drive. Can't miss it.

• Like 1