Non cancellation of Non B Extension.

Good evening all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some advice? I know this has been asked many times but I can’t seem to find the definitive answer. 

I was a teacher at an international school in 2016. Sadly during my time there a very close family member had passed. I requested time to go back home but it was rejected at first. Then I was given a week to return to my home country and so I did. Sadly when I got back, it quickly became apparent that I needed more time to sort family issues out. My employer in Thailand was not happy and my employment was terminated. I’m still a believer that family is very important and I did the right thing.

I left Thailand with around 2 months left on my EXTENSION. I did not have a multi entry at this time, so I am aware that the extension would have been cancelled. I also believe my WP would have been cancelled by the school. I tried very hard to engage with the school but to no avail sadly. 

I have been to Thailand since on a tourist visa on a number of occasions, with no issues. 

I have an opportunity to work in Thailand again and would love the opportunity. However, as I didn’t formally cancel the extension, I am unsure what to do. I am a law abiding person and I am happy to pay any fine for wrong doing on my part. I am unable to communicate with my previous employer as I still get no response when I try and reach out. 

Any advice on what I can do? Thanks in advance. Tom

40 minutes ago, Expatteacher101 said:

...I have an opportunity to work in Thailand again and would love the opportunity. However, as I didn’t formally cancel the extension, I am unsure what to do. I am a law abiding person and I am happy to pay any fine for wrong doing on my part...

You have done nothing that would result in a fine.

Your departure from Thailand without a re-entry permit automatically and formally terminated the permission to stay which you had. The departure stamp in your passport is the formal confirmation of this termination. No other stamp is needed or would have been available to document this.

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

There is nothing special for you to do. Maybe they inquire about your previous work when you apply for another extension for working, or maybe they don‘t care at all, nothing to worry.

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

You have done nothing that would result in a fine.

Your departure from Thailand without a re-entry permit automatically and formally terminated the permission to stay which you had. The departure stamp in your passport is the formal confirmation of this termination. No other stamp is needed or would have been available to document this.

Thank you very much. That’s very helpful and a weight lifted off my shoulders.

So me applying for another non b visa in the near future won’t be an issue? 

Thank you again 

Sorry to ask this again.

I read that if I am to apply for another non-b, I was supposed to have cancelled the previous one with a resignation letter? I don’t have that nor will I ever get one from previous employers? 

Do I simply just apply again? Pay to cancel previous one?

Thanks, Tom