Chiang Mai Immigration crowded or not?

I was there last Thur about 11am, just to ask for info, and it was very crowded. It had been closed the previous day so that was maybe a factor, but my impression was that arriving in the afternoon would be too late. If you don't live too far, you could try just in case.

did my retirement extension at CM on 12th May with an appointment. CM was very crowded and even with an appointment I had to wait for 2 hours, BUT most of that time viz 1.5 hours was waiting AFTER the photo was taken to receive my passport back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Presuming you mean you have an annual extension based on retirement that expires June 13th, you can renew up to 45 days prior to June 13th here in CM.  Why you waited for an annual extension until the day before expiration somewhat boggles the mind.

But, yes, you can go without an appointment whenever you want but "late afternoon" seems a bit risky/foolish.  Go at 1PM Tues-Thurs and not the day before or after any holiday and you'll hopefully be okay.  And, if you do, follow worgeordie's advice so somebody else might be able to use the appointment time.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:02 AM, CMBob said:

Presuming you mean you have an annual extension based on retirement that expires June 13th, you can renew up to 45 days prior to June 13th here in CM.  Why you waited for an annual extension until the day before expiration somewhat boggles the mind.

But, yes, you can go without an appointment whenever you want but "late afternoon" seems a bit risky/foolish.  Go at 1PM Tues-Thurs and not the day before or after any holiday and you'll hopefully be okay.  And, if you do, follow worgeordie's advice so somebody else might be able to use the appointment time.

I wait only for the deposit day this month of 12th month. I asked as that day I will go to BKB and request the Bangkok letter. Hence the question. The online was a back up and earliest date. 

16 hours ago, Medicine Man said:

Go now, I had to get another bank statement as they didn't accept my original one. It took another week as it's generated in Bangkok. You need more buffer time in case of issues...

That happened my last time. This time I have the photocopy of the accepted letter