Mazuma Warranty

DUNROAMIN

Mazuma hot water unit POWER 4 series (6000w) 12 month warranty

My experience with Mazuma hot water unit.

I purchased a Mazuma Power 4 series unit after some research on the internet and actually comparing the workings inside the unit against other brands. After 6 months it shat itself and you could not control the heat, as if the thermostat was not working.

I called the warranty phone number, (Bangkok), and they directed the call to their Mazuma agent in the nearest major city to my location, (Ubon Ratchathani). As I am nearly 160Klms from their location I had to wait a week for them to call, this is where the fun started. The technician, (well somebody who looked the part) arrived to take a look. He brought some parts with him only to find they were for a different model, ( they were informed of the model before coming). The mans leaves and said he will return in one week with correct parts. Week two he returns with new parts and still the unit will not function, I asked what's the problem, 'I don't know' he informs me he will take the unit back to the shop for inspection. Week 3, the man returns with the repaired unit and installs it, but once again will not function correctly. At this stage, I am getting pissed off with the company, as they will not replace the unit with a new one. The man rings his boss and he is instructed to return the unit to the shop and they will forward it to Bangkok for inspection. At this stage I had had enough BS and told the technician to take the unit away and not return, otherwise, another week or two in Bangkok and who knows what condition it would have been in. The technician was embarrassed by his companies attitude towards to incident and apologized.

So, I will not be purchasing any Mazuma products in the future as their warranty and customer relationship is somewhat undesirable.

I paid nearly 7000B for this unit and it lasted 6 months. The stupidity of the company bewilders me, when you think that they sent a technician on a 320Klm round trip 3 times and if allowed it would have been 4 trips, considering, fuel, technician man hours and now bad publicity, no logic here.

If you have purchased a Mazuma product and have had no issues, good luck for you. I would not recommend this company purely on its warranty and customer service.

Note: I installed a separate circuit for the unit back to the switch board (6 mm cable with earth) as recommended by the company.

I will NOT purchase another Mazuma product also, as warranty & return issues , mirror yours, and useless IMHO.   One was hot water heater, krapped out, and the other was a countertop water purifier, and hassle along with high restock charge to return.

Recommend avoiding Mazuma products at all cost.  Along with so many other brands.   Big ElectroLux fan now, and yes, tad more expensive, but worth every baht.

My experience with Mazuma water heaters is completely the opposite... never had a problem at all and found them very reliable.

At our house in Najomtien (near Pattaya) we have an underground water tank, so the water temperature is always cool... even chilly in the cool season.

We installed 3 x 8kW Mazuma Redring water heaters 15 years ago (3 bathrooms) and have never had a problem getting piping hot water whenever we want.

We mounted them under the bathroom sinks so both the showers and the sinks have a hot water supply (essential for shaving).

image.png.2f44215796cf9240135cebd14311cb

When the weather gets warmer and the ambient temperature of the water in the tank rises, we turn down the heaters for a couple of months so we can enjoy cool(er) showers.

Sure they use a bit of power when you want a nice hot shower, but it's worth it.

Our Mazuma demand water heaters are now over 15 years old, and we've never had a problem with any of them.

Based on their reliability I will be installing similar in our new build up-country soon.

• Like 1