Bringing Wine Into Thailand

lotus eater

I am in the middle of preparing my personal belongings for shipping - Paris to Thailand.

I've also just finished with my daughter's wedding festivities, and many bottles of wine and champagne have been left over - more than I can consume in my remaining time here. Some of the wine is exceptionally good - even in Paris, and some perfectly good - and would seem very good in Thailand.

I want to pack some boxes with my things. I will have scores of cartons and many bags/suitcases. (Because I have very many books, and not a little personal junk, to be shipped.)

My question is whether I am being foolhardy in trying to get the wine through among the other stuff? Whether being detected will bring a stiff penalty and/or fine if I haven't declared it on the papers (which will otherwize truthfully say old books, clothes, pictures and personal items...)?

Would the wine even 'travel' well in these circumstances - french, ship and thai summers?

I'd appreciate thoughts, advice, experience, ideas.....from worldly but wise forum members.