Different Hotels In Bangkok.

tyler

Hello Everyone.

I was woundering if any body knows of some different hotels in Bangkok?

Up in Chaing Rai there is a hotel called the Red rose,its a really cool place. All the rooms are themed,Fantasy,Boxing,space travel,woodland etc.

Is there anything like that in Bangkok?

Or do you know of a hotel that gives you something a little different? Maybe large rooms,cool lay outs,themed rooms or just some where that you think is a little bit special!!!

I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.

Tyler :o:D

Reflections could well be what you're after in Bangkok - an arty, quirky hotel in which each room is themed, like the Chiang Rai one you mentioned. Facilities are pretty good too, and the restaurant is excellent, I eat there on a regular basis. Well connected on the Skytrain at Ari station. Not the cheapest of places but, depending on your expected budget, you might consider it a bargain at about 3,000 Baht a night.

Also the Dream Hotel is a funky place which opened last year. A bit more pricey though, I think, but I can vouch that the bar is a cool place to hang out. Trendy, modern, classy.

Edited by dantilley

Le Fenix is a fantastic location.

Actually, that's the one disadvantage of the Dream Hotel, the location isn't great: a fair walk down quite a dark Soi, and also right bang in the middle of two BTS stations, Nana and Asoke, so a lengthy walk from whichever station you use too. Fine if you're happy taxiing everywhere though...

Edited by dantilley

I will second Dan's suggestion on the Reflection....

they have some funky themed rooms.....

and yes the restuarant is pretty good.

wonder if the other thai restuarant near it called House No.5? or something like that is still there? Dan can you check it out for us next time you are in the area?

cheers

I will second Dan's suggestion on the Reflection....

they have some funky themed rooms.....

and yes the restuarant is pretty good.

wonder if the other thai restuarant near it called House No.5? or something like that is still there? Dan can you check it out for us next time you are in the area?

cheers

You mean "My House"? Not a restaurant, just a hotel. There's the very good "Somtam Bangkok" just next door, don't think there's one called "Number 5" though, guess that might mean it's closed down...

cant remember the name exactly...but its a thai restaurant in a nice wooden house with big garden. it was in the subsoi on the left just before you get to Reflexion....

maybe it IS gone :o seems like all the nice thai restaurants are all disappearing..with more and more italian popping up everywhere. not that i have a problem with italian...but is nice to have a few authentic thai (non-hotel based) places to take friends to.

my other fav place the Pickle Factory closed down earlier this year too.

ok handing over thread back to funky hotels now.....

cant remember the name exactly...but its a thai restaurant in a nice wooden house with big garden. it was in the subsoi on the left just before you get to Reflexion....

maybe it IS gone :o seems like all the nice thai restaurants are all disappearing..with more and more italian popping up everywhere. not that i have a problem with italian...but is nice to have a few authentic thai (non-hotel based) places to take friends to.

my other fav place the Pickle Factory closed down earlier this year too.

ok handing over thread back to funky hotels now.....

There are still plenty in the Ari Area though, making for another good reason to stay at Reflections. There is one down the Soi before Reflections actually (I assume you mean Soi Ari 2?), can't remember the name and not been to it yet. Maybe it's the one you're thinking of? But down Soi Ari Samphan you've got Suan Kularb, Tang-O and another couple further down which are good and very reasonably priced.

But, yes, back to the topic at hand, I've just thought that this might be an option too - Siam At Siam.

There's a whole generation of new boutique hotels: (sorry, for some reason the means to create links is disabled)

The Luxx http://www.staywithluxx.com/home.html

Arun Residence http://www.arunresidence.com/promo.htm (with views of Wat Arun)

Old Bangkok Inn http://www.oldbangkokinn.com/introduction.php

The Eugenia http://www.oldbangkokinn.com/introduction.php