Sellin my condo in Sukhumvit soi 59

After nearly 30 odd years and having enough of Bkk living I'm moving to condo in Pattaya and looking for a capable RE agent/s to represent the property, I thought some of the members could offer a recommendation of an RE agent they dealt with in the past, Thanks in advance.

Edited by ezzra

There's no MLS (Multiple Listing Service) in Thailand so we always list our properties with as many agencies as possible, starting with those closest to the property.  One easy way to find agencies that have listings with your condo project is to search your project on Hipflat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If it looks nice, and/or the view is nice, then I would start with some good pictures.

I think it's always amazing when people try to sell their units in high floors and on all the pictures the curtains are closed.

And about "agents": Be aware that everybody wants the full commission. The hairdresser in the building, the building manager, everybody! 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, scorecard said:

She went to jail. 

Good

I wonder how many go to jail. I heard stories about our ex building managers and I would have thought they should be in jail. But no, for them life seems to go on like normal.

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

At an AGM for our old condo a new owner (a CPA) queried the insurance on the actual building and equipment (pool equipment and more).

The outside accountant was present. On deeper questioning the outside accountant produced several policies but closer scrutiny revealed they were all years out of date as were the receipts.

Further checking revealed documents had been prepared for payment of these polices for many years including the current year. But cheques (checks) were written in favor of an aunt of The outside accountant.

Bottom line the building was uninsured and had been for several years.

The Snr. policeman owner called a colleague from an economic crimes police team, he came quickly.

The accountant claimed she had to leave to go to another appointment.

She did leave the AGM, in handcuffs. 

The meeting above revealed several more items and an additional AGM was quickly called for:

1. Revealed 2 old Chinese female owners were holding bank books containing part of owners monthly maintance payments siponed off for many years.  Funds in the bank accounts were returned to a new committee which had been set up, 3 memebers, 1 member must be changed every 1 year. Old Chinese owners given heavy fines, banned from holding any positions to manage the condo, banned from having any type of access to condo documents.

2. It was revealed that the office manager was an employee of a Condo Management Consultancy. She gave a % of her salary back to the consultancy every month.  The Condo Management Consultancy had an office within a government ministry building and not paying rent, not paying for electricity, using ministry vehicles, etc.

Actual management team from the Condo Management Consultancy were also long-term employees of the ministry where their office was located. They were drawing salaries from the ministry and the Condo Management Consutancy company. 

Edited by scorecard

• 2 weeks later...