UK Citizenship Application

I've hit submit, paid the £1330 and the UKVI website has now pointed me to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services to book an appointment.  

This was a surprise as my wife has had her biometrics done before - the ILR was appointment free, just uploaded scans etc no problems.

Going in person is not an issue but the Sorpa Speria VCAS thing is asking for £150+ for the privilege of handing in documents!  Is that normal?  Some afternoon appts are like £250! 

Also do you know if passport and BRP are returned on the day?  We have flights booked in a few weeks time and I really don't want this to be a spanner in the works

Yes this is all perfectly normal and fresh biometrics are required. There are free appointments but that won’t suit you as you have flights booked. Yes they don’t keep any of your documents on the day.  The service agreement for citizenship is 6 months and I have not seen anyone get approval in less than 2 months.

Many thanks @bigyin.  I was advised to check into the UKVCAS website for appointments from about 9am when they update the site - the first available free appt was a day after we fly ????‍♂️

I found an £85 express appointment though - still a bit shocked we have to spend yet more cash - pretty sure this takes us to around the 10k mark for the 5 year process ????

On 5/26/2023 at 7:59 PM, globalThailand said:

Many thanks @bigyin.  I was advised to check into the UKVCAS website for appointments from about 9am when they update the site - the first available free appt was a day after we fly ????‍♂️

I found an £85 express appointment though - still a bit shocked we have to spend yet more cash - pretty sure this takes us to around the 10k mark for the 5 year process ????

Yes I spent north of that with daughter as well. You actually did well to get one for £85 as they go up as high as £230.  Good luck with the process.