applied for a TR visa extension today

I always like to give an update whenever I visit an immigration office. In this case CW for a 30 day extension to my METV. Arrived about 8:15 a.m. this morning and already there were two long lines outside the office, one of people given a number and one for the rest of us. I thought it was going to be a long day but our line moved fast and very quickly I had a number in my hand – J6. What? I’m number six in line for a visa extension, where did all the other people go? J section was pretty much empty.

This is the first time I have dealt with a male IO in J section and he was friendly and helpful. I read on this forum previously that there is a new T7 form and I thought the one I filled out at home was the new version. Not. So he gave me the new one and waited patiently.

When I was called to pick up my passport they motioned for me to come inside and I thought something must be wrong. Turns out they just wanted to tell me I could have done this extension request online. I had no idea, never heard that before! They asked me to pose with them holding a poster with the info ..  555 .. no problem, I was wearing a mask.

I also asked the IO if he might be able to answer a question about financial requirements for a non-imm O. He said he would try. I told him my situation and he conferred with another officer before saying there were a couple of options but best for me to ask over in section C where they deal with that stuff.

Anyway, I was out the door 45 minutes after I arrived. Awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Des1 said:

Turns out they just wanted to tell me I could have done this extension request online. I had no idea, never heard that before! They asked me to pose with them holding a poster with the info

I don't think anyone on here has heard of that, either. Are you sure it wasn't about booking an appointment online?

Did you happen to get a copy of the picture of you posing with the poster? As it would be extremely useful information if they have, in fact, launched a way to extend permission to stay online!

Edited by JayClay

13 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I don't think anyone on here has heard of that, either. Are you sure it wasn't about booking an appointment online?

Did you happen to get a copy of the picture of you posing with the poster? As it would be extremely useful information if they have, in fact, launched a way to extend permission to stay online!

Google "Thailand expats get online extensions", you'll see this is a thing

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Thanks @Pattaya57 and @Des1

Okay I've looked at the website. It's 500bt more expensive than a regular extension for a 7 day turnaround, and you still have to go to the immigration office to get your stamp. I can see why it's not exactly set the forum alight ????

555 they didn't tell me that part !

• Haha 1

The online 30-day extension deal (which I think started earlier this year as a test program) was originally only available for those visiting Bangkok Immigration.  Whether it's been extended so as to be available elsewhere, I don't know (if somebody does know, time to post your info).