Replacement PR book

Hello, i am going to apply a replacement blue PR book because of the pages are full. After they issued a new white PR book, did the immigration keep the old blue PR book or return it to you. Thank you

Same with me..they kept the old blue book. Having travelled 400 miles to Bangkok to renew (local immi offices could not renew)was told to come back in 3 days...could not renew there and then. When I returned, the old book was taken from the drawer it was originally put in..nothing had been done, and I had to wait about an hour for them to issue a new book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following on from that, has anyone ever tried to get a new Alien registration book? Local police station have no idea, and are quite happy adding sheets of paper which they sign evey 5 years.

18 hours ago, sas_cars said:

The old blue PR book is kept by them.

Hello, After getting the new white PR book, do i need to report to the local police station do any changes in the alien registration book (red police station book) ? Thanks

2 hours ago, HKTMAN said:

Hello, After getting the new white PR book, do i need to report to the local police station do any changes in the alien registration book (red police station book) ? Thanks

NO.   Only reprot to the local police station when your alien reg is expiring (usually 5 years)

• Thumbs Up 1

When I renewed my police alien registration book last year I was expecting five years but got six. The officer said the extra year was because I had kept my book, now full, in good condition.