Pool with handicap access

1happykamper

Life can change fast! 

I broke my leg badly 5 weeks ago and needed surgery. The surgery is all healed... Time for rehab 

I need to move to condo with a swimming pool that's easy to get out of with a leg that can not have any weight on it. 

View talay 6... Looking at the photos their pool has shallow steps with a handrail... Yes? 

Any experience with this situation is greatly appreciated 

is it possible for you to use an aircast in the meantime to help you with mobility a little getting in and out ? 

you could always learn to hop really good. no that's not a joke. i have broken my ankles 6 times and had reconstructive surgery so i got pretty good using it for mobility. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel for you mate and understand your predicament well When I had dengue fever some time ago I had the very same problem with terrible Arthritis in both hand and feet and that for months. I could barley get out of bed never mind climb any steps.

Not sure about Talay pool but Pattaya City Resort may do the job. Not by using the handrail but entering the pool via the kiddies area. You just step into the children area and enter the pool at the dividing wall to the main section. It follows that you leave the same way also. Just need to pull your self up. I could just up.

Hope you get back to normal soon.

• Thanks 1

View Talay 5d has a whole shalllow section near where the water pillar is. Probably about a foot or two deep. It’s separated off from the deeper sections, but still part of the pool as a whole, so it’s not really a kiddie area. There is an underwater barrier there so you won’t get “swept out to sea”.

I think all the talay’s have something similar as far as I can tell. You could probably just roll out or someone pulls up a chair and lift in with your arms.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1