Shopee refund ?

TT2

I was contacted by Shopee informing me that I had refunds from previous cancelled purchases that they wanted to deposit to my bank account. I asked them the amounts of the refunds and they were correct. The want me to fill out a form on GoogleDocs (red flag #1) to add my bank account. Basically they want me to photocopy my bank book info page, add some additional handwritten information, sign it, and upload to GoogleDocs. I don't know whether to trust this or not. Has anyone else been through this? I don't want to get scammed. Below is the email that was sent to me:

Dear (my username, which was correct), 

Thank you for contacting Shopee Thailand.

According to your concern about refund

We have orders that are pending to refund back to you.
However, we could not find any bank account linked with Shopee.
Therefore, please follow instruction below to add bank account and you will received the refund within 3-5 working days after bank account added.

Please fill up and provide the information in this link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdEXBZi6w3eMaxzyOSxURtceDFSzyXBKhrWfF7IAiNmDUAA5Q/viewform 

and do following the steps to change the name on address to match your documents below
1. Go to Application Shopee.
2. Click "Me"
3. Click "Account Settings"
4. Click "My Addresses"
5. Add or change the name to match the name on your passport and bank account(Including your second, middle name. If any)
6. Click "Summit"

For the website, please doing following the step as below;
1. Go to the Shopee website >> https://shopee.co.th/ 
2. Click "My Account"
3. Click "Address"
4. Add or change the name which same as your bank account
5. Click "Save"

Note : About the document. Please write down these information into both of your document by your hand-writing,
- "Username : xxxxx"
- "Phone number : xxxxx"
- "Certified True Copy used For additional bank account only for account number xxxxx"
- "Signature from the document owner"

When you have completed the details, please reply back to confirm us via this email.

Please be informed that your information will be privacy protected.

Note : The coordination for adding bank account could take 2 working days but we will update you as soon as possible and the money will be refunded to your bank account within 3-5 business days after bank account successfully added into your account.

We hope that you have a great shopping experience with us.

Thank you for using Shopee
Best regards,
Apichat Y.
Shopee Customer Services

Call Center available on Monday - Saturday 08.00 - 22.00
Chat Service opens 24 hours
Help Centre https://help.shopee.co.th/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShopeeTH
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Shopee_TH
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ShopeeTH

• Haha 1

Title adjusted.

Given the size of that platform it highly unlikely that there is anything untoward in their request.

If you have doubts, phone them and express whatever concern you have. Ultimately its a case of do want the money or not, and following their procedures.

• Confused 2

With the recent data breach at Shopee where customers with linked bank accounts had those accounts vacuumed out by hackers, I am VERY leery of anything related to Shopee. I do not use their site any longer for purchases. I feel that linking my bank account to them is just asking for trouble. Maybe I can have them write me a refund check and be done with it.

• 2 months later...

Just been looking at Shopee website and this platform is getting worse week by week .....

Their ' Flash Sale '   is not any flash sale at all,   it is mostly products that they cannot sell or sell very slowly,  and if you check out the discounts such as 50%  off ....  it's not 50% off at all ....  it's still the same price as last month.

They send out hundreds of useless vouchers ....  I've never used one .....   and forget free delivery,  it's all to complicated to receive that,  or can only receive free delivery if you buy from this particular shop.

It's all getting so fake and dishonest ......      they really do BS...