Refund problems with AirAsia

ezzra

2 months ago, AirAsia has canceled all flights from MEL to BKK and issued me with a refund reference number, today i got an email saying we reject your claim for refund  "due to the name of the guest or route selected doesn't match the ones in the original booking." stiffing me out of 20k baht,

Now, AA are doing their best to hide from being contacted making it very difficult to reach them only by talking to a bot,

does anyone know how to get in touch with AA or where their offices are?

I recently had an issue with them and actually managed to get past the bot and have a direct chat with Harry, an apparently human agent.  So it is possible but it was rather tedious.  I could not find any alternative means of contact.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, this won't help but may be useful to others.

I have found that with AirAsia and Jetstar that if there is an option for credit into your account that generally works whereas getting an actual monetary refund is difficult/impossible 

Good luck ever getting any refund from AirAsia...

AirAsia is notoriously known for random flight cancellations, making it, at the same time, impossible to claim a refund. 

I even went to their sales office in KL, but to no avail...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I was issued a refund reference number after submitting applying for it on line following the flight cancelation by AA, now, 2 months later they have a problem with the refund not saying what the problem is.

I will find how to get to them and i will  sue them just to for the hell of it, and I'll never ever fly with them again.

Edited by ezzra

took me 6 months to get 50k back ....  for hotel and flight bookings for 5 people.  I did eventually chat with them on Twitter ... and emailed the boss, had my bank backcharge them.   They will do everything possible to avoid, delay, dodge, alleviate them of payment. 

Never again AA.   Very bad experience.

They soon take your money when booking any flight but it's hell when you want the refund.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Now, AA are doing their best to hide from being contacted making it very difficult to reach them only by talking to a bot . . . .

There's a post currently just below this with information of how to get past the bot.