Tourist Visa After Work Permit

If I lose or am fired from a job which caries a work permit, my understanding is that I have 7 days to leave the country. I am under 50, have no money to put into a condo and the like so what are my alternatives.

Should I try for a new B visa or is there any nearby country that will issue two double entry tourist visas for two months. On the tourist visas do I need some papaerwork other than my US Passport?

Thanks

If I lose or am fired from a job which caries  a work permit, my understanding is that I have 7 days to leave the country.  I am under 50, have no money to put into a condo and the like so what are my alternatives.

wish i had a magical answer based on your details that you have given so far, but i believe you have about 7 days to leave once that work permit is invalid.

Should I try for a new B visa or is there any nearby country that will issue two double entry tourist visas for two months.  On the tourist visas do I need some papaerwork other than my US Passport?

Thanks

you should try and get some paperwork showing a new job lined up with the hope of obtaining a non immigrant B from maybe penang...don't consider cambodia. if you were back in the US, houston or denver might be alot easier but you mentioned a consulate nearby.

for a tourist visa, you should be able to get that rather easily from penang with your passport and the application/fee...so many conflicting posts on single or double entries i can't tell you what you will receive

good luck and please post back on thaivisa how things went.

So Far it hasn't come to that situation so I still have my WP and job. Always want to plan for contingencies, though

Go home to US of A and say hello to you family. While there, apply for a new multi Non-Immigrant visa ( O class ) to stay with your fiance :o