Cimema HD v2.5

samtam

I updated my Cinema HD app and now it plays, but when I try and use subtitles, the program shows the list from which to choose, but it never opens the movie or tv program. As soon as I click on play it works, but play with subtitles, it does not. I have chosen MX as my player, and tried the other options too, with the same result.

Prior to updating, the subtitles feature was working perfectly.

Anyone having similar problems?

10 hours ago, Ragoo123 said:

Same issue here. I really need my subtitles back! I saw there was an update released recently but i get an error when trying to update. I wish I would have backed up and restore the the past version 

I've found a work around on the subtitles. 

Make your default player MX, and then choose your program.

Play your chosen source, and once it has started, go to the three dots on the top rhs of your screen. Choose subtitles, Open, then Online Subtitles. Click on this and then type in the exact same name of what you are watching.

This YT explains it clearly:

It's quite straightforward, if a little cumbersome initially.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well now everything seems to have changed with Cinema HD. I installed a new V2, (not the so-called "latest" version). It appeared to work OK, and then found it had a repeated bug, advertising some game, which I did not want, so I couldn't get rid of it. Eventually uninstalled it, and now cannot find a reliable source. There are a number of You Tube episodes saying that Cinema HD is not working, and is corrupted. Would be happy to hear otherwise with a URL to download. Also any alternative TV and movie apps anyone could recommend.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 2:24 PM, samtam said:

Well now everything seems to have changed with Cinema HD. I installed a new V2, (not the so-called "latest" version). It appeared to work OK, and then found it had a repeated bug, advertising some game, which I did not want, so I couldn't get rid of it. Eventually uninstalled it, and now cannot find a reliable source. There are a number of You Tube episodes saying that Cinema HD is not working, and is corrupted. Would be happy to hear otherwise with a URL to download. Also any alternative TV and movie apps anyone could recommend.

Stremio is an excellent app for movies and tv shows. No advertisements also.

https://www.stremio.com/

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Reviews aren't great, not free so not the same as CinemaHD so I'll give it a ????

Stremio is most certainly free and available on most platforms. You have the option of Real debrid if you wish.

I have used it for several years and it is pretty much flawless. And no advertisements. The developer is active on Reddit also. A quick Google search shows positive reviews which are in line with my experience of Stremio.

Best way is to try the app and see if you are happy with it.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

13 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Stremio is most certainly free and available on most platforms. You have the option of Real debrid if you wish.

I have used it for several years and it is pretty much flawless. And no advertisements. The developer is active on Reddit also. A quick Google search shows positive reviews which are in line with my experience of Stremio.

Best way is to try the app and see if you are happy with it.

i downloaded on playstore, first thing i search for, Seinfeld required a Netflix subscription 

Here's a legitimate source for the latest version of the app:

https://troypoint.com/cinema-apk/

6. Click the Search box and type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://cinemahdapkapp.com/download and click Go

If the above method doesn’t work simply type the following code into the Downloader URL Box and hit the Go Button.

Downloader Code = 988552

988552 will also install Cinema HD V2.5.2.

This is the official source of this app.

Been working great on my Fire TV and Android TV devices, except for the subtitles issue raised by the author of this thread.

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i downloaded on playstore, first thing i search for, Seinfeld required a Netflix subscription 

https://www.cloudwards.net/what-is-stremio/

Stremio requires a few minutes to set up the addons. Once done you will have access to movies and tv shows for free. The above link will assist in this.

Subtitles work very well on Stremio.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

14 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

https://www.cloudwards.net/what-is-stremio/

Stremio requires a few minutes to set up the addons. Once done you will have access to movies and tv shows for free. The above link will assist in this.

Subtitles work very well on Stremio.

Thanks but if it's anything like kodi i gave up on that, the addons were a nuisance. So easy to just open an app and everything is there, like CinemaHD

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thanks but if it's anything like kodi i gave up on that, the addons were a nuisance. So easy to just open an app and everything is there, like CinemaHD

Thank you also for your reply. Cinema HD is a good app and simple to use.

Agree that Cinema is easier in some ways than Stremio and Kodi. Easier does not equate to better though.

No ads with Stremio and Kodi. Subtitles work perfectly with both Stremio and Kodi. Large support network for Kodi and Stremio. With an absolute minimum of effort and technical knowledge both Kodi and Stremio can be set up in minutes and both provide a far better experience than other apps including Cinema HD in my opinion.

We are fortunate we have a choice of different ways to watch movies, tv shows etc via different apps. Everybody will have their favourite apps of course.