water level sensing , electric switch.

sirineou

Ok so we have a small farm (1 rai) about 10 minutes from our house , simply something to play with and keep us busy. The electric is 500 meters away, and the electric company will not bring it to us unless we pay 300,000 baht. Which is something we will not do since there are alot of other people developing the area . and I am sure as more people apply for blue books for their property they will bring it in the next year or so.Anyway, that's another story.

In the "Farm" we have a well, and an elevated  water storage tank powered by two solar cells. The problem is that we have to turn it on and off manually .In the US I had a sump pump in the basement that when it sensed  the water lever in the sump and turned the pump on to pump the water out. I looked in Lazada and there were a lot of devices that seem to do that , but I  don't know a lot about these things and don't want to get the wrong thing.

I need it to do the opposite from the sump pump I described below. I need it to turn the pump on when the water falls below a certain level,  and shut the pump of when the tank is full. 

If anyone with more expertise on the subject (which is everyone LOL) could look in lazada or elsewhere and tell me which one to order I would appreciated. The people that installed the solar cell set up the system are not being very helpful and are trying to sell me some very expensive systems,  also They don't speak english which makes it hard for me to communicate with. I have to explain to the wife what I need and she hast to explain to them, and I am not sure what is lost in the translation. It seems to me that it should be a simple thing to do. Anyway, I appreciate any advice and/or suggestions .

CORN FIELD.jpg

Edited by sirineou

Most of the float type level sensors can be wired either way, read the instructions.

BUT

If your pump controller doesn't have an on/off input you will need to use a relay (I would suggest a solid-state relay) because the switch in the level sensor is designed for AC and your panels are DC.

If you can post photos of the various rating plates on your kit (pump, panels, controller) we can suggest simple ways forwards.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Most of the float type level sensors can be wired either way, read the instructions.

BUT

If your pump controller doesn't have an on/off input you will need to use a relay (I would suggest a solid-state relay) because the switch in the level sensor is designed for AC and your panels are DC.

If you can post photos of the various rating plates on your kit (pump, panels, controller) we can suggest simple ways forwards.

Thank you. 

There is a circuit braker in the box that we use to turn the system on and off, I will take a picture of it later today when I go there, and any appropriate rating plates. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

So I took a couple of pictures of the panel. Unfortunately the plate is on the side of the unit and the unit is in a box so I could not see it very well. I stuck my phone in there and took a picture. It is not a very good picture but I think you can see the ratings. Also  I took a picture of the front of the unit that  think has a lot more information.

cell.jpg

panel2.jpg

panel.jpg

1 hour ago, SomchaiDIY said:

your pump control have connection for tank high and low switch

0a849f1e7051a01f3dc95798a42aa5cd.jpg.74386b4fbc36823bd82ecf7934fccfcf.jpg

20210819151634_92728.jpg.caf74a2f12b21b72d6ce2cef70490e6e.jpg

Thank you,I just noticed that there was a light on the panel that said tank. 

butI think  it would need some sort of sensor in the tank?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomchaiDIY said:

your pump control have connection for tank high and low switch

0a849f1e7051a01f3dc95798a42aa5cd.jpg.74386b4fbc36823bd82ecf7934fccfcf.jpg

20210819151634_92728.jpg.caf74a2f12b21b72d6ce2cef70490e6e.jpg

I appreciate the response:smile:

Ok so I am getting a little more educated about the issue. First question is , do I need a generic sensor or do I need one specifically for this invertor from the manufacturer. Second. how do I determine which one of the 4 choices above applies to me? (the system does not have a battery. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I appreciate the response:smile:

Ok so I am getting a little more educated about the issue. First question is , do I need a generic sensor or do I need one specifically for this invertor from the manufacturer. Second. how do I determine which one of the 4 choices above applies to me? (the system does not have a battery. 

i think you have solar only model no battery no mains power

connect tank switch to connection TH and connection COM

you can use common type switch many choice 

images.jpg.d2f13209a5cdb5354e7e5a0dd3cb1f02.jpg

c46c7fbd5aa1e4ffc14e655fb5ef3a4a.jpg_720x720q80.jpg.cf883bc0e21517709d1c6cddbe9e8497.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1