Residency Certificate, CM Airport Immigration.

Dmaxdan

Just a couple of quick questions...

The last I heard it now takes one month to process free residency certificates at CM. Is this still up to date information?

Also, is it correct that CM immigration only except applications for residency certificates in the morning? 

I know you have to go upstairs.

Thanks in advance ????

32 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

do they still sending the paper by thai post or you have to go to pick it up? I have plenty of time...so not looking to pay 500...

The last time I did it pay 500 and pick up next day or free and pick up in around a month. No post as they did prior one.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

The last time I did it pay 500 and pick up next day or free and pick up in around a month. No post as they did prior one.

Well it's obviously a scam. Let's say you're living in Maesariang, Doi tao or there about, you'll have to add 1000 baht in petrol money to get the paper.

27 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Well it's obviously a scam. Let's say you're living in Maesariang, Doi tao or there about, you'll have to add 1000 baht in petrol money to get the paper.

A Thai government department scamming? Never.

Possibly in  a case like yours they may post. The time before they did post but I am only 15 mins from Immigration so not a problem to collect.

I remember years ago it was made known that they were free but when I had one done they said 500 baht. I said I thought free. Reply was thats to help typist. So I guess typists didnt get paid then.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why is it a scam that you live so far away?

It's a scam because it's a free service and you should get this paper on the spot for free.

Do you pay for the  transfer stamps from an old passport to  a new one?

Edited by watchcat
  • Confused 1

On 5/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, Mahseer said:

Correct on both points. If you require next day service the fee is 500baht.

I asked whether I could get one quicker than 3 weeks recently.  I was told no.  There is no garauntee that a next day service will be available.

28 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

I asked whether I could get one quicker than 3 weeks recently.  I was told no.  There is no garauntee that a next day service will be available.

At Chiang Mai airport office? Rules have been the same for many a day either wait or pay the 500 for next day service.

4 hours ago, Mahseer said:

At Chiang Mai airport office? Rules have been the same for many a day either wait or pay the 500 for next day service.

Yes at the airport office.  The rules have been intermittent and variable for years.  One day yes, one day no.  Best to allow 3 weeks just in case.

19 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

Yes at the airport office.  The rules have been intermittent and variable for years.  One day yes, one day no.  Best to allow 3 weeks just in case.

Ok fair enough. Guess I've been lucky the few occasions I've applied.

• 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

So how is the update in this matter?

I can't go twice to immigration so...how is the process to send by post? still 60b?

I had mine mailed to me for 60 baht back in June. I would imagine this hasn't changed since then.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 1:36 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

This is why I got the Yellow Book.

From what I am led to believe, you can't necessarily use a yellow book to buy a vehicle.  That is certainly the case for Toyota in Pattaya. You also can't use it to renew a DL at Pattaya DLT. 

On 5/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, watchcat said:

It's a scam because it's a free service and you should get this paper on the spot for free.

It's a free service indeed, if you care to wait. If you want express, you pay. Seems the norm to me for many services in many countries. They used to give it for free earlier, they might be overloaded or had to hire more staff now. Don't confuse kindness with obligation.

As for a foreigner living far away from the big city, the exta cost in driving is part of the equation. Surely they can plan wisely and do several errands in town with one trip.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, watchcat said:

No, it's free.  One poster said something about paying for an "express service" but I never heard of that here in CM.  Just go to Window #3 with your completed form and copies of your old passport along with copies of photo page and any stamped page in your new passport and it should be relatively quick.  Did that 18 months ago here in CM and was out the door in less than 30 minutes.  Obviously, as for many things, attempt to avoid a Monday, Friday, or day before or after a holiday.