Passport Requirements to Australia

Non Australian or New Zealand citizens must hold a passport valid for the duration of the trip, there is no six month requirement.

That said, airline staff often revert to their assumption of a six month “rule” so, given how quick and easy it is to obtain a Thai passport she might want to consider renewing her passport, though she would need to update her visa.

• Like 2

If it were me I'd be making a call to the Aussie embassy in Bangkok & getting it straight from the horses mouth. Or better still, email them & then you have their response in writing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Thai wife and I have just returned from Australia.She had 5 months left on her passport.I can assure you there is no 6 months requirement to visit Australia.However Thai immigration tried to tell us in Chiang Rai that we needed 6 months and for a short time that created unnecessary stress for us, but they didn't know what they were talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bluejets said:

Good luck with either of those...they are REALLY slow to respond, if ever.

Best just check the Aus government website for requirements.

or here....... https://www.thaiembassy.com/australian-visa/australian-tourist-visa

Appears that as long as passport is current for entry and exit periods, then all ok.

You'll find out when you apply for the visa I guess.

I'd be covering my ass and renew it now. ????

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I've made numerous calls & sent many emails to the Aussie embassy both in Bangkok & Canberra. Never had a problem. Maybe it's how they are approached that determines the response.

• Like 1