Phuket Governor Orders Investigation Over Underwater Painting

webfact

25 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Anyone who believes this is real and not photoshopped is a moron. Then again, this IS Thailand and Governor Naroong Woonciew needs to slap himself back into reality.

There was a Russian dive instructor offering under water paintings a few years back. Don't know if she's still around, could be this.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You want to investigate coral damage? How about tour boats dropping anchor straight onto coral, then killing more when the pull it up? Is that damned yellow submarine still going around in the Pattaya area doing the same thing?

What's good for the goose . . .

Sadly you need to have pics of tour boats dropping anchor straight onto coral or fishing boats throwing plastic waste overboard posted on social media before any action is taken.  Shove it in our faces for everyone to see or it didnt happen.

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Thai waters NEVER, and I mean NEVER, have this kind of visibility.

How many dives have you done and where? I will admit it wasn't common, however in the early 2000's I often dived in perfect vis especially around Sail Rock in the Gulf of Thailand. But, the photo does look photo shopped. Both Kow Tow and the diving were perfect back then with very few dive experience world wide coming close.

43 minutes ago, BritScot said:

How many dives have you done and where? I will admit it wasn't common, however in the early 2000's I often dived in perfect vis especially around Sail Rock in the Gulf of Thailand. But, the photo does look photo shopped. Both Kow Tow and the diving were perfect back then with very few dive experience world wide coming close.

I'm a PADI IDC Staff Instructor. I have been diving since 1986, literally around the world . We would say to Instructor candidates here in Thailand "If you can teach here, you can teach anywhere" because the vis is so bad. Even in the Similan's you will have particulate floating in clear water. There was no particulate in that picture hence my certainty that it is Photoshopped.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm a PADI IDC Staff Instructor. I have been diving since 1986, literally around the world . We would say to Instructor candidates here in Thailand "If you can teach here, you can teach anywhere" because the vis is so bad. Even in the Similan's you will have particulate floating in clear water. There was no particulate in that picture hence my certainty that it is Photoshopped.

On all fronts nonsense.

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You and I have done this dance before. You have trouble providing substance, you merely cast aspersions.

Anyone who says a visibility like that is not possible in Thailand doesn't know what he is talking about.

Anyone who says if you can teach here you can teach anywhere doesn't know what he is talking about.

Just now, stevenl said:

Anyone who says a visibility like that is not possible in Thailand doesn't know what he is talking about.

Anyone who says if you can teach here you can teach anywhere doesn't know what he is talking about.

Again, the opinion of one. The operative word being opinion.

On 5/30/2023 at 8:42 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Being only a master scuba diving instructor with about 400 dives in the gulf of Thailand (2002 - 2005) I have seen vis of 30~40 meters at Sail Rock looking down to the sand bottom from a couple of meters off the surface. Watching people do their skills. Great dives there and yes I dove in very bad vis where seeing more than a couple of meters was challenging also encountered inversion of bad vis to clear vis plus had several great dives with whale sharks. But yes the photo as I said looks photo shopped.