Train Station - Sattahip

EVENKEEL

2 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

That is interesting news. Where is the station and the tracks that come to it? Hard to believe there is no big news to talk about this station.

There was talk about it before. Stay on the main road to Utapao, almost to the end of road just before the pier the station is on the right.

3 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

That station is not part of the high speed train that will service the 3 airports. The high speed station for the Utapao Airport is not even close to being built yet. We are years from that I think. 

That's what I thought, the station is located at the end of the existing 'slow' line.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/สถานีรถไฟอู่ตะเภา/@12.6602151,100.9675533,3222m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x31028bfddcd3de29:0xf5dd0c02115732e4!8m2!3d12.6615462!4d100.9652668!16s%2Fg%2F11gnpkvnf9?authuser=0&entry=ttu

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

We are years from that I think. 

I am here since 11 years and I am quite sure that since then again and again the "high speed train" is in the news. The only materialization that I saw on my own is the new elevated railway lines and station in Khon Kaen.

Never have I seen a train(!) that comes close to what you have in other countries for multiple decades.

U-Tapao: I would have overlooked something real big in Pattaya when there was a trace of high speed rail line and station in March. All I see is the well known museum/historic railway line. It demonstrates the complete negligence for rail traffic compared to the never ending concrete masses for improved highways / motorways.

I am 66 yr old and a bit pessimistic that I will ever ride the phenomenal high-speed train from Khon Kaen to Pattaya :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am here since 11 years and I am quite sure that since then again and again the "high speed train" is in the news. The only materialization that I saw on my own is the new elevated railway lines and station in Khon Kaen.

Never have I seen a train(!) that comes close to what you have in other countries for multiple decades.

U-Tapao: I would have overlooked something real big in Pattaya when there was a trace of high speed rail line and station in March. All I see is the well known museum/historic railway line. It demonstrates the complete negligence for rail traffic compared to the never ending concrete masses for improved highways / motorways.

I am 66 yr old and a bit pessimistic that I will ever ride the phenomenal high-speed train from Khon Kaen to Pattaya :biggrin:

What we have read has been confusing. At one time the intention was to retain the narrow gauge lines but use them for goods. Passengers would benefit by high speed standard gauge lines to be built alongside. So far, the improvements seem to have been, as you say, construction of enormous elevated stations. Future proofing to the extreme perhaps in anticipation of vastly increased passenger numbers. Another benefit has been improved safety, eliminating level crossings in town centres, resulting in uninterrupted road traffic flow.      

If you Google for 3 high speed trains linking Bangkok airports you will get articles from the Nation and  Bangkok Post. The statements made in the articles do not really match but give a best guess I would say. One says the system will be completed by 2026 and one is shooting for 2029. The land acquisition is done it seems but many things to be done to get the work started it seems. I am 78 and I am hoping I can see it happen but? Who knows. I live around the corner from Utapao and riding a rain to Bangkok would be great.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, longball53098 said:

If you Google for 3 high speed trains linking Bangkok airports you will get articles from the Nation and  Bangkok Post. The statements made in the articles do not really match but give a best guess I would say. One says the system will be completed by 2026 and one is shooting for 2029. The land acquisition is done it seems but many things to be done to get the work started it seems. I am 78 and I am hoping I can see it happen but? Who knows. I live around the corner from Utapao and riding a rain to Bangkok would be great.

Thanks for the info! Agreed, things do drag on. I'm only 66 but, up to now, had doubted whether I'd ever see high speed trains in Thailand. Unfortunately, as you will know, it's no longer possible to fly direct from Khon Kaen airport to Utapao. It was most convenient for myself and family.  If (and when) the high speed trains are introduced, wouldn't that make Utapao airport even more redundant?   

From my perspective only. I believe the station you are referring to is in the port area grounds and if as you say that this is a new station I would bet that the purpose is for commercial use for the port to handle their needs in the near future. This EEC (Eastern Economic Corridor) that is causing all this construction on infrastructure changes and additions. The government is spending a ton of money on this. The high speed train will be added to the new Utapao International Airport similar to what Swampy has now. Someday in the next years the construction for the new airport will start,,,,,,,,again I most likely will never see the completion.