Rainy Season in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

The Meteorological Department announced last week that Thailand would officially enter the rainy season on Monday, and the downpour came as expected.

The rainy season not only marks the end of the smog season but also the beginning of annual flooding in Bangkok.

Bangkok governor Chadchart Sittipunt stated last Saturday that there should be less flooding in the capital this year, as more than 3,000 kilometers of waterways have been cleared in preparation for the wet season.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has also allocated 3.8 billion baht to the Department of Drainage and Sewerage to address the situation.

by Thai Enquirer

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/49805/rainy-season-in-bangkok/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2023-05-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

33 degrees in Thawi Wattana right now. A little overcast but there is a slight breeze. Feels quite comfortable. More rain scheduled for this afternoon--I hope. Makes for quite a difference from the 41 degree days just a couple of weeks ago. This time of year and October provide many nice days in Thailand.

Dunno where the downpour is/was...

I live in central BKK, and the only rain I've seen was a half hour or so of very light showers Monday afternoon.

Other than that, dry as a bone today/Tuesday... though mercifully quite cooler this week.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dunno where the downpour is/was...

I live in central BKK, and the only rain I've seen was a half hour or so of very light showers Monday afternoon.

Other than that, dry as a bone today/Tuesday... though mercifully quite cooler this week.

22 , past 7-11 was up to almost knee level all the way down to Davis, black, nasty, luckily didn't fall into a man hole uncovered I guess , or get some skin disease yet

• Thumbs Up 2