Yellow Line’s Month-Long Trial Run Starts On Saturday, June 3

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

THE Transport Ministry said today (May 30) that a month-long trial run of the Yellow Line monorail mass transit system running from Lat Phrao to Samrong will start on Saturday, June 3, 2023, Matichon newspaper said.

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) has inspected the new rail line’s safety standards and upon ascertaining that the concessionaire, Eastern Bangkok Monorail Co., Ltd. (EBM), had corrected all the shortcomings allowed the trial run to proceed.

The fare rate will now go to the Cabinet for approval with this then to be announced in the Royal Gazette. It also has to be publicly announced 30 days before implementation.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/05/30/yellow-lines-month-long-trial-run-starts-on-saturday-june-3/

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-05-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Free rides for at least a month ???? 

If you have a Rabbit card just tap and ride in the usual way.

If you don't you will need to get a ticket from the ticket office (the machines will not "sell" zero Baht tickets).

Rabbit card or MRT card ?

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Rabbit card or MRT card ?

Rabbit.

Your MRT-plus card currently only works on the blue and purple lines.

The option of using your contactless credit card is "coming soon" and will be the closest thing Bangkok has ever had to an integrated, "one-card for all travel", system.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Rabbit.

Your MRT-plus card currently only works on the blue and purple lines.

The option of using your contactless credit card is "coming soon" and will be the closest thing Bangkok has ever had to an integrated, "one-card for all travel", system.

Thanks Crossy. Will that be contactless Visa only like the MRT? Or will this accept other flavours too like Mastercard?

37 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thanks Crossy. Will that be contactless Visa only like the MRT? Or will this accept other flavours too like Mastercard?

My understanding is it will be Visa and Mastercard, but one never can tell with these things.

It will allegedly be working on Saturday so you could try it ????

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Poked around a bit, the Blue / Purple lines are Visa + MasterCard. So, Yellow will be too.

image.jpeg.ddb2ec2836f61a6fe5e776ed4bb199d7.jpeg

image.jpeg.750a428f5e8588f4d96aed792f177e20.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Poked around a bit, the Blue / Purple lines are Visa + MasterCard. So, Yellow will be too.

image.jpeg.ddb2ec2836f61a6fe5e776ed4bb199d7.jpeg

image.jpeg.750a428f5e8588f4d96aed792f177e20.jpeg

Thanks. That's strange as I forgot my MRT card last week and there was a big queue so tried my contactless mastercard and it didn't work, and the machine only has a Visa sign. But maybe they are updating it.

Edit: Ah wait, the contactless card you have to tap in a different place to the MRT card, maybe I tapped in my usual spot.

Anyway, looking forward to trying the yellow line on Saturday!

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

Important note: -

The trial running is only Hua Mak to Samrong (YL11 - YL23) and 09.00 to 20.00.

No idea when the rest of the line will be available for trial passenger operations ???? 

I've taken most of the rail lines, when opened, as a nice way to sightsee areas from above.  And a damn inexpensive tour, if not free during trial runs.  Most pass through residential and non tourist areas, though if researching, may find a great munch or coffee/sweet tooth shop, worth exploring.

If just playing tourist, you can do a round trip, within a certain amount of time, and simply get off where you got on, or a station or tow prior or after, for minimal fare, if really a CC.

Some stations even have food & shopping without leaving the rail system.  At max fare in the ฿50 range, it won't be breaking anyone's wallet, and cheaper than a short taxi ride anywhere.

Rode some lines between 1000 - 1400 hrs and the carriages were near empty, so taking snaps of anything interesting is easy.

image.png.b67608b5af039d64cd1d66910081f48c.png

100_2517.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1