"6 months validity on passport to enter countries"

hi

usually to enter countries (or to apply for a visa), one the requirements is "6 months validity on passport"

i am in thailand on "non O immi", italy passport.

do you think i would be allowed to enter overland either cambodia or laos, having 5 months validity left on passport?

(loads of thinking behind the question, but i am pondering on the idea of going to europe to get a new passport, hence stretching as much as possible my passport validity. my "non O extension" expires 5 months before the expiry date of my passport)

thank you for help

According to their foreign ministry websites, passport to enter Cambodia must be valid for "a minimum of 6 months" and Laos, passport must be valid "at least 6 months on day of entry".

That would likely mean that if you tried, you'd be rejected unless you're lucky enough to see a blind immigration officer.

Also another thing - even if you managed to get there somehow - make sure you could re-enter Thailand with a passport that expires in less than 6 months. As visa on arrival or visa exempt you could not. And if you apply for a visa in Laos or Cambodia, I think it's also requirement that passport outlasts visa and is valid at least 6 months.

• Like 1