Biden officials 'leave him alone' on weekends, adjust schedule to avoid tiring 'an aging president':

Social Media

2 hours ago, bignok said:

It's pretty sad the Democrats have no decent ideas, no decent candidates. No one under 80yo to put forward.

No, no, I won't have that.  Kamala Harris is clearly ready, after her brilliant performance as Border Czar and as Cackler-in-Chief, to take over the reins when old Joe calls it quits.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

BTW, yes Biden's age is a problem, and it is legitimate to use that as a campaign issue. So running against Trump would be best for Biden's chances as Trump is old too. 

My only concern right now is Cornel West.  This dude is running as a 3rd party candidate.  If he gets any traction, he'll mostly siphon votes from Biden.  Too early to tell if this guy is serious, but surely he knows that the best he could do is help Trump.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

My only concern right now is Cornel West.  This dude is running as a 3rd party candidate.  If he gets any traction, he'll mostly siphon votes from Biden.  Too early to tell if this guy is serious, but surely he knows that the best he could do is help Trump.

Sure third party runs are a concern.

Maybe a non maga fascist conservative will run third party to grab votes from Trump.

Out of our control. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure third party runs are a concern.

Maybe a non maga fascist conservative will run third party to grab votes from Trump.

Out of our control. 

Yeah, maybe Tucker Carlson will run as ultra-MAGA.  That will even things out.....555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, BenStark said:

I doubt you remember him, as he probably died before you were born. 

???????????? Back when those of us who are 60+ we're in school we had a thing called "history class", maybe they don't anymore, but FDR was recent history then, and he was VERY well covered. Of course we remember him. 

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Not the right thread for this but... 

Cornell will open the Overton window and move Biden more towards progressive ideals. Something like Bernie in 2020.

It's not a bad thing. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tug said:

Nooo……..surely you are joking president Biden has achieved remarkable results with the slimmest of majorities and on a bipartisan level as well has stood tall for sovereignty and democracy instigated many programs to stay competitive in the modern world and good for the American people no sir surely you jest or perhaps you are just fishing hummm???

It'sa ctually difficult to figure out how he could have handled things much better given the hand he has been dealt. Massive foreign debt and deficits, a right wing house that has no interest in addressing the root causes of the high numbers of refugees and economic migrants because it suits them just to complain about the problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It'sa ctually difficult to figure out how he could have handled things much better given the hand he has been dealt. Massive foreign debt and deficits, a right wing house that has no interest in addressing the root causes of the high numbers of refugees and economic migrants because it suits them just to complain about the problem.

Uh, the Democrats controlled the House from 2018-2022. 

• Thanks 1

Tug - I would like to hear about these remarkable results.  You talking about inflation?  Talking about losing energy independence?  Talking about is constant lying?  Talking about the open borders?  Talking about the morality of America?  Talking about about intrusion by the Government into our lives? I could go on and on.  Even Jimmy Carter is happy he will shake the title of be the worst President ever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - I would like to hear about these remarkable results.  You talking about inflation?  Talking about losing energy independence?  Talking about is constant lying?  Talking about the open borders?  Talking about the morality of America?  Talking about about intrusion by the Government into our lives? I could go on and on.  Even Jimmy Carter is happy he will shake the title of be the worst President ever.

Unfortunately inflation is happening all over our little planet we are getting a handle on it it’s down to 5% now,the big oil companies have no interest in producing more oil when they are making a killing right now without more investment,furthermore the government is not in charge of big oil.seems to me that the only ones talking about open borders are the republicans those are the ones who refuse to help legislate new laws to help fix the problem.the government is doing the best it can with the laws on the books.Lying,I’m not sure what you’re referring to unless it’s trump.You brought up intrusion by the government that seems to be a republican thing these days especially trying to legislate morality.In my personal opinion morality is an individuals choice as long as it doesn’t hurt others.President Carter never was the worst he was just to good of a person to make an effective president.hope that helps