west pac bank security key

johnmcc6

i was having a terrible time transferring funds  to  Thailand as they could not send me an authorization code so they are now sending me by post a security  key to my account that should fix the problem has anyone else had this problem with West Pac bank or know about this key and how it works? Thanks for any information.

regards john mcculloch

I believe its what they call a 'token.'

It will have a set of 6 random numbers, you just put those numbers in the box on your screen when asked.

Capture.JPG

Edited by sungod

John many Australians use Wise for transferring money to Thailand.banks

Something to consider as payment to Wise is a domestic transaction.and cheaper than Westpac foreign exchange.

Information available "www,Wise,com"

`Yes - Wise is the go, rather than transfer direct from Westpac, though you will still need a dongle as pictured above to make your first transfer to Wise - as they will be a new recipient. I have successfully used my dongle/token for the last 5 years for Westpac transactions performed in Thailand.

For 15 plus years now I have transferred monthly my "living Expenses" (in AUD) to which there has never been a problem - that is until I tried on the 1st June.

I called them twice over the weekend and got shunted from one extension to another. So I submitted a formal complaint.

Received their automatic acknowledgement today in which they stated "they intend to fix all problems in 5 working days". We shall wait and see