Solid Plastering

BRUFC

We had an internal window removed and the opening blocked up, then the sand/cement render applied. Unfortunately it's very obvious where the window used to be. In the past in the U.K I've skimmed ceilings and walls, always (except once) using 'Thistle Multi-Finish'. The one time I used Knauf plaster was a disaster and I ended up skimming over the skim with the Multi-Finish. Does anyone have any knowledge of what to use here for skimming and how to 'finish' it satisfactorily? That was the problem for me with the Knauf plaster....it didn't have the same finish method as the Multi-Finish. Global House, Thai Watsadu and HomePro are all within 25km if someone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, I'll investigate the Rungart and Lanko products. Thanks also Gsxrnz, but I don't want to repair , although there is a different texture on the more recent rendering, I want to do the whole wall to a smooth finish.

I'm a plasterer with 40 years experience in UK , if you can't find any suitable Skim Finish plaster, you could coat the patch with jointing compound, extending past the edges, maybe 1 ft , when it sets apply a second coat and third if needed, then blend in the edges with fine sand paper, alternatively coat the whole wall with a couple of coats, then sand down when set

• Thumbs Up 1