Opening international trading account and Thai tax numbers.

I was considering opening an International trading account, and a requirement is to provide a Thai tax number.

Many years ago I worked at a Thai university and paid taxes and had a tax number, is that number still valid?

I dont have residency in Thailand but here on retirement visa.

My understanding regarding international trading is that you are only responsible for Thai taxes when international money from the broker enters the country. How can Thailand tax income that hasnt entered Thailand? I’m not trying to avoid taxes, but need to provide tax number to apply for international trading account.

In my experience, having opened accounts with IBRK, Internaxx (now SwissQuote) and Saxo, they're fine with no TIN.  Just tell them you have no taxable income arising in Thailand, so no number allocated.

46 minutes ago, thairat said:

I dont have residency in Thailand but here on retirement visa.

I too was required to update my international trading account with a TIN, my old one from work day in Thailand was the older 10 digit format, and the account only recognized newer 13 digit format. I went on a retirement visa to the local tax office and got a new number for free in a matter of minutes. This was acceptable for all my international finance accounts and seems to be normal these days to keep the accounts active. I have never had any taxes. ONE requirement to get a tax ID is a permanent address in Thailand of course as the TIN is how they trace you these days. No address no TIN is how it works I think. I showed them my yellow book.