Fugitive Thai man finally arrested after murdering British man in Pattaya 17 years ago

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Anyone who commits cold blooded murder should get life in prison where life means life. The other 3 involved are free already after 17 years or less.

This same thing happens in many countries, so is not Thai bashing.

Absolutely..... either a foreign life is worth less, or they divvied up the responsibility. They should not be out.. it sounded like a cold blooded intentional murder!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

how did they know he had 40,000 baht on him?

who carries this amount of money?

just out of respect for a dead person, i won't make any assumptions. 

2006...cash was king.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Following the murder, three out of the four suspects were apprehended and subsequently faced legal consequences. Initially, the court sentenced them to death but their penalties were later commuted to life imprisonment. Over time, all three suspects were released,

Thai justice?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ronster said:

How did him going to hospital notify the police or did someone have the best memory ever in the hospital and recognise him ??

Medical records, tied to  National ID number. Seems like good police work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

many times i biked round patters and never got a bullet in the head// guess ime lucky

I'd think it might go differently if you were to flash 40,000 baht around prior to your trip around the lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the second case in a week where a hospital has informed the police of a wanted man. I'm impressed. This suggests decent and active communication between the police and the hospitals.

Everyone eventually needs to see a doctor. A person can always be identified by dental records and other such means. This means they will always eventually be caught. As close to karma as we can get.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Anyone who commits cold blooded murder should get life in prison where life means life. The other 3 involved are free already after 17 years or less.

This same thing happens in many countries, so is not Thai bashing.

I would rid planet Earth from such elements; a cold blooded murder = death penalty. You will not reduce crime but you will ensure, that this person will never ever even have a parking fine and relief the state's coffers of the expense to lock up such pristine elements of our society! 

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

A person can always be identified by dental records and other such means.

I have absolutely no idea how that works. Do dentists keep detailed records of every procedure they do?  Across multiple countries (I've had work done in the UK, Australia and Thailand)? And there would have to be a national database. I wait to be educated on this.

Has anyone got any idea what the photo with this article represents? It looks like a group of people sitting down for a casual chat and nothing to do with the report at all. No names, no explanation, just that it comes from a police Facebook page. That tells us nothing. More great Thai reporting, I guess. Stage one thinking: Show a photo. Stage 2 thinking: Explain its contents (Stage 2 thinking not available to Thais)

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 6:13 AM, 3NUMBAS said:

many times i biked round patters and never got a bullet in the head// guess ime lucky

It does kind of feel like there is something missing with the story. Maybe the guy was buying drugs or something

On 6/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, save the frogs said:

how did they know he had 40,000 baht on him?

who carries this amount of money?

just out of respect for a dead person, i won't make any assumptions. 

There is probably some context missing to the story. 

40 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

It does kind of feel like there is something missing with the story. Maybe the guy was buying drugs or something

Why are you making such presumptions on something that happened 17 years ago?