Pita Limjaroenrat’s PM bid threatened by iTV share controversy

webfact

3 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

This raises the question , why was the shares not transferred to their rightful owner earlier.

What is still not clear , even as executor , did Pita inherit some of the shares .

Agree there are some questions to be answered, but as an executor (trustee) of a trust or will, the executor (trustee) can only fulfill the wording of the will or trust until it is legally honored or dissolved. Just speaking in that light, he may have been obligated to hold the shares until the all parties names in the will or trust are legally satisfied. I was the executor/trustee (POA) of my mom's estate, but I couldn't act on anything without her legal authority or lack of her mental and/or physical capacity to manage my family's estate. 

• Like 1

IMO it will be a great shame if Pita is disqualified. However, MFP will still have sufficient seats to head the coalition.

Then there will be an election held for the new MP in his constituency which, surely, will be won again by another MFP candidate.

At the moment there does not appear to be any move to dissolve the MFP - as happened to FFP. - so they will choose another leader and carry on with their published policies without Pita.

Am I missing something?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Billybaroo said:

Agree there are some questions to be answered, but as an executor (trustee) of a trust or will, the executor (trustee) can only fulfill the wording of the will or trust until it is legally honored or dissolved. Just speaking in that light, he may have been obligated to hold the shares until the all parties names in the will or trust are legally satisfied. I was the executor/trustee (POA) of my mom's estate, but I couldn't act on anything without her legal authority or lack of her mental and/or physical capacity to manage my family's estate. 

An executor can either transfer the shares according to the will or can step down as the executor and potentially choose a successor. He is not bound forever to hold the shares.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, apetryxx said:

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out who’s behind this. 

Agree... has anyone considered also the northern neighbour-but-one's interests being quite seriously affected under a new administration... i'm speculating but still...  

• Thumbs Up 1