Two killed in Patong motorcycle crash near De Coze Hotel

snoop1130

Motorcycle-accident.jpg

A tragic road accident near De Coze Hotel in Patong claimed the lives of a foreign man and an unidentified woman yesterday evening. Patong Police are currently investigating the case.

The collision between a car and a motorcycle occurred on Phra Metta Rd, also known as Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd. Upon arriving at the scene, Lt Col Chayakorn Tangsakul of Patong Police confirmed the deaths of the male motorcycle rider and his female passenger.

The male victim has been identified as 30 years old Hamza Chokri Fikri, according to his Australian Class-C driving license. However, the police report also mentions the man holding a French passport. The second victim, an unidentified woman, remains a mystery. As of this morning, no updates have been received regarding her identity, nationality, age, or relationship to the deceased man.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: Image courtesy of Eakkapop Thngtub, The Phuket News

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/two-killed-in-patong-motorcycle-crash-near-de-coze-hotel

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

Young French Man and Unidentified Woman Die After Motorbike Collides with Car in Patong, Phuket
By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

Patong – A French man and an unidentified woman died after a motorbike collided with a car in Patong.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified of the accident at 11:20 P.M. on Tuesday (June 6th) on the Phang Mueang Sai Kor Road. Emergency responders and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene to find the damaged car and motorbike on the road. The female driver, Ms. Suppaluck Buathong, was waiting for police at the scene.

On the footpath nearby rescue workers found two bodies. One was identified by police as Mr. Hamza Chokri Fikri, 30, a French national.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/06/07/young-french-man-and-unidentified-woman-die-after-motorbike-collides-with-car-in-patong-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The male victim has been identified as 30 years old Hamza Chokri Fikri, according to his Australian Class-C driving license. However, the police report also mentions the man holding a French passport.

I know the world is a smaller place these days, but , the name, the age and the nationalities I think I would check first for counterfeit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Hello

French (Arabian origin) with Australian driving licence ??

Have a nice day

Duel nationality is quite normal, especially in OZ, I got my DL with an OZ license and I'm British. 

• Like 1

So, not licensed or trained to drive a motorcycle with the type of drivers license he had.  Likely no experience in driving a motorcycle.  Two more senseless deaths by not requiring valid motorcycle licenses in order to drive a motorcycle in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Witnesses told police that the car was turning right into a hotel before the motorbike, which was ridden by the foreign man, crashed into the sedan.

THE typical end for many motorbike riders.

Overlooked by a careless car driver.

On the other hand the motorbike rider probably with a firm grip on the throttle.

• Thumbs Up 1