Smart Pool Water Monitor

UWEB

Try to find a smart Saltwater Pool Monitor via WIFI and Bluetooth, so I have all data on my Mobile. It should at least measures PH, Salinity and Chlorine. Anybody using such a Monitor and can recommend? Best would be one available in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have doubts over the chemistry for this.  Acid will increase conductivity, as will salt and any other kind of "salt" in the chemical definition of a salt.

The only reliable way I can think of is using a chemical reaction and looking at the colour of it.  So any accurate device would have to be topped up with reagents and use a colour sensor.  Silver Nitrate is one of the reagents for testing salt level, I do that test, but it's one of the more complicated ones.

I once bought an electronic salt measuring device, needless to say it didn't work, it simply measured conductivity and it could be anything in there that affects that.

16 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Great idea. I'd also like a reference for this.

OP, I assume you checked Lazada, Shopee, and the other usual suspects. My local pool store has nothing.

Anybody have any thoughts?

There are some available in Europe and US, but haven't found any here in Thailand what I prefer as you still need some Calibration Fluids for the Sensors.

13 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have doubts over the chemistry for this.  Acid will increase conductivity, as will salt and any other kind of "salt" in the chemical definition of a salt.

The only reliable way I can think of is using a chemical reaction and looking at the colour of it.  So any accurate device would have to be topped up with reagents and use a colour sensor.  Silver Nitrate is one of the reagents for testing salt level, I do that test, but it's one of the more complicated ones.

I once bought an electronic salt measuring device, needless to say it didn't work, it simply measured conductivity and it could be anything in there that affects that.

I have digital Salinity, PH, Free Chlorine and Alkalinity Testers, they all working fine without any problems. Test Stripes or similar are no option for me as I like advanced new Technologies.

14 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I have digital Salinity, PH, Free Chlorine and Alkalinity Testers, they all working fine without any problems. Test Stripes or similar are no option for me as I like advanced new Technologies.

Have you checked your testers against chemical tests?  I'm concerned the digital things are pseudo science.

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

For the price one may take the risk as far as the product is concerned. The Ondillo mentioned above is more than 6 times as expensive. And this does not even include shipping from Germany and Import Tax - which might inflate the price much more further.

21 hours ago, moogradod said:

For the price one may take the risk as far as the product is concerned. The Ondillo mentioned above is more than 6 times as expensive. And this does not even include shipping from Germany and Import Tax - which might inflate the price much more further.

The price is not a criteria for me, I'm more interested in technical details and if somebody is using such a Monitor already.

• 5 weeks later...