General election vote recount at 47 polling stations this Sunday

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sheer desperation trying to find  any and everything that would allow them to revert Thai people will/wishes.... they are looking for water on the moon (sarcasm intended) looks familiar as there's some resemblance to what happen January 6 2020 in the USA 555

Not really desperation, if errors were reported, investigated and found to be true and the numbers don't match, then a re-count has to be held?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sheer desperation trying to find  any and everything that would allow them to revert Thai people will/wishes.... they are looking for water on the moon (sarcasm intended) looks familiar as there's some resemblance to what happen January 6 2020 in the USA 555

If the numbers don't match, what do you want to do? ignoring it because your guy won?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I believe Sri Racha is maybe due a recount. It was reported that more votes were cast than voters registered. MFP were the complainants.

My wife voted there and she told me they did every thing they could at the polling station to make it hard to cast ones vote and shes got a masters in ESL so is no fool

2 hours ago, jcmj said:

Can we just get on with this. They are trying everything they can to change the results. I’m sure if it was the dinosaurs that had more votes it wouldn’t even be an issue. 

Why are some posters jumping to conclusions, they dont know which provinces are involved, the report says there is a miss-match so correctly this should be resolved. 

3 hours ago, jcmj said:

Can we just get on with this. They are trying everything they can to change the results. I’m sure if it was the dinosaurs that had more votes it wouldn’t even be an issue. 

But thaksin really really wants to come home

14 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You act as if the junta and their minions are not deserving of being subject to extreme levels of suspicion and doubt when it comes to the purity of their actions; particularly in relation to elections - they do have a touch of history in this field yeah?

Pure as the driven snow according to some. 

56 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You act as if the junta and their minions are not deserving of being subject to extreme levels of suspicion and doubt when it comes to the purity of their actions; particularly in relation to elections - they do have a touch of history in this field yeah?

Again....if the numbers do not add up, should it be recount or not? Yes it should be recount...no matter if the military is also bad....

16 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

For sure, have a recount - but maintain transparency.

For all but those with the shortest of memories (or strongest love for the junta) do recall how the EC fiddled the results after the 2019 election stripping Future Forward of seats and handing them to micro parties who were then promptly bribed to join the juntas coalition.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Vigilance is prudent.

I did never look into the details of the 2019 election, so I don't know. But I agree total transparency. That a recount is even necessary is a failure of the EC that they should be hold accountable for....Why did not implement checks before.
Making the counting bullet proof safe is easy to do.

48 minutes ago, h90 said:

.Why did not implement checks before.

Because their guy won! LOL I am sure if their guy had lost they would had been  checking even under rocks. 

Of course discrepancies need to be investigated to prevent corruption but

"the mismatch concerns constituency ballots at 16 polling stations and party-list ballots in 31, out of a total of 95,000 "

a total 47 out of 95,000. even if the move forward party lost every vote in those polling stations it still  should not make any difference in the final outcome. 

They are grasping at straws.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Because their guy won! LOL I am sure if their guy had lost they would had been  checking even under rocks. 

Of course discrepancies need to be investigated to prevent corruption but

"the mismatch concerns constituency ballots at 16 polling stations and party-list ballots in 31, out of a total of 95,000 "

a total 47 out of 95,000. even if the move forward party lost every vote in those polling stations it still  should not make any difference in the final outcome. 

They are grasping at straws.  

I hope they would investigate also if their guy won...last election they also needed 45 days....I agree it should be always investigated.