Ping River

drbill

Does anyone have knowledge of what specific sections of the Ping River are being considered for widening by the government ? City limits ? North or south of city limits ? The proposed width of the Ping ? Does anyone have any idea of the government entity to contact for this information or else a knowledgable individual who might know ? thank you.

I don't think they're actually widening, but more 'deepening' ?

For sure the big police statioin on Aom Muang road encroached on some river area, which wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do. Still, with some deepening I bet a lot of the flooding problems can be lessened?

The widening and dredging of the river – especially up-stream has been going on for two years. Expect more serious flash floods further down-stream.

cant really see if thats going to help once heavy rains come and the silt starts building up again, mother nature can unleash if she wants to

I think if they want to avoid the dredging they should do what Los Angeles did with their river and concrete it all in as it flows through the city. I don't think Chiang Mai has enough money for something like that.

Question: so when does works start?

Answer: when the contractor of the project finds a way to cut costs to cover the "admin" fee. :o

• 2 weeks later...