I stopped for a leak at the tollway and ended up 'trying' to register for EasyPass.

ubonr1971

I was on a toll road in Bkk and stopped to use the facilities. I noticed there was an EasyPass office there so I popped in to register

What a waste of time. I had help from an officer in there. Signing forms, paid money to register. Then downloaded the MFlow thai app. He didnt change the language to English so we struggled through using thai language. At the end near the validation page there was an error of course. It said I had to call the hotline. The officer wanted me to go and call them. But I knew I had to do it with his help. 

In the end I gave up. Couldnt find the reason why I could not fully register

Can anyone explain what the second app is needed for. Its the 'EXAT portal' app???

Finally, why did I register for EasyPass and then they make me download the Mflow app. Is it the same thing?

Its all very confusing TIT. I wasted 1 hour of my time on this today.

• Haha 2

Easy pass is the old tolling method which involves you pre loading your account with cash, they give you a RFID token which you fix to your windscreen and is read at the toll booth.

M Flow registers your vehicle number plate and this is read as you pass through the M Flow  lane. Which is  separate to the cash and Easy Pass lanes. They debit your bank account automatically.

You need at least Easy Pass as not all routes have M Flow yet. M Flow is an addition for those not prepared to wait the few seconds to queue for Easy Pass gates, but is not essential.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Easy pass is the old tolling method which involves you pre loading your account with cash, they give you a RFID token which you fix to your windscreen and is read at the toll booth.

M Flow registers your vehicle number plate and this is read as you pass through the M Flow  lane. Which is  separate to the cash and Easy Pass lanes. They debit your bank account automatically.

You need at least Easy Pass as not all routes have M Flow yet. M Flow is an addition for those not prepared to wait the few seconds to queue for Easy Pass gates, but is not essential.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. So what is the EXAT portal app that they said I had to download? Whats it for?

2 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Thanks for the info. So what is the EXAT portal app that they said I had to download? Whats it for?

The EXAT app, is for checking your balance on EasyPass. You actually not need the app at all.
You need the EasyPass sender and you need the card with your number, to refill EasyPass. This can be done with almost every online banking system.

I only use the EXAT app, when I have to check if I still have enough money on EasyPass.

• Thanks 1