Parking nearest to Immigration Chaengwattana Building B

moogradod

In Juli I have to visit the Immigration in Bangkok at Chaengwattana for the first time.

I was told to use Entrance 2 of the Building B. I do not know the surroundings of this office.

My wife will drive me from Pattaya to this place, but we obviously need a parking there. Especially because for longer distances I need to use a wheelchair, it would be nice if the parking is near to "Entrance 2 of Building B", wherever that is in the Chaengwattana Complex.

Can anybody who is familiar with this Immigration Office tell me reliably where it would be best to park our car ?

Parking in Bangkok can be a nightmare if you do not know where and if you miss the proper entrance you might be doomed to make an involuntary sightseeing tour of prolonged duration. Our car has a good GPS, but nevertheless..

Thanks a lot for your help.

I'm not sure how wheelchair accessible the building is from the front.  However, if you park in Parking Building B (signposted) there's a lift to take you down to the second floor and then step free entrance to the main building.

• Thanks 1

You can have your wife drop you at the entrance to building B. You wheel yourself into the building, she goes around and parks on the road right down there. It IS wheelchair accessible. The level you will enter at, is the same level where the Division 2 office of Immigration is. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'm not sure how wheelchair accessible the building is from the front.  However, if you park in Parking Building B (signposted) there's a lift to take you down to the second floor and then step free entrance to the main building.

Parking Building B sounds good. I will see if I can identify that in Google Maps and then try to program the GPS accordingly. If no parking is free then Plan B (parking on the road - no idea how big the road is there) still remains intact should not one way streets prevent that. We will reseve a bigger chunk of time for that all - since our experiences with parking in Bangkok in general are not the best.

3 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

The level you will enter at, is the same level where the Division 2 office of Immigration is. 

Are you sure about that?  I thought it was the same level as Division 1.  Division 2 is on the floor above.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Are you sure about that?  I thought it was the same level as Division 1.  Division 2 is on the floor above.

As long as there is a lift any floor is welcome.

13 minutes ago, moogradod said:

no idea how big the road is there) still remains intact should not one way streets prevent that. We will reseve a bigger chunk of time for that all - since our experiences with parking in Bangkok in general are not the best.

The roads leading in are big at least 3 lanes wide with a center meridian. I have never had a problem parking on the street at all. The whole building and government complex is huge, no other way to put it. Photo of the front of the building to give you and idea. 

the-government-complex-commemorating-his-majesty-chaengwattana-bangkok-thailand25-december-2018is-a-place-that-includes-various-government-agencies-in-the-same-place-totaling-29-units-free-photo.jpg

• Thanks 1