Do you need an appointment at the MFA

13 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Translations-No

Legalization-Yes

I don't think the MFA do translations, you take a pre-translated document to them for Legalization.

Their website makes no mention of an appointment for legalization, so maybe one is not needed

Legalization Division , 3rd floor
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
123 Chaeng Watthana Road
Bangkok 10210

Tel : 0-2575-1056-59   Fax : 0-2575-1054
Service hours : 08.30 - 14.30 hrs. (Closed on Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays)
Email : [email protected]

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I don't think the MFA do translations, you take a pre-translated document to them for Legalization.

Their website makes no mention of an appointment for legalization, so maybe one is not needed

Legalization Division , 3rd floor
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
123 Chaeng Watthana Road
Bangkok 10210

Tel : 0-2575-1056-59   Fax : 0-2575-1054
Service hours : 08.30 - 14.30 hrs. (Closed on Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays)
Email : [email protected]

It is possible to make an online appointment. For English speakers, they make it at hard as possible to find the correct page. Open https://qlegal.consular.go.th/. An announcement in Thai obscures the page when first open. Click anywhere on the page and the announcement disappears allowing you to see the appointment system.

• Like 2

Last year I was told they no longer do walk in appointments. It must be booked on line. Some translation services offer a package whereby they translate, make the appointment and take the docs there for you. They can then post everything to you. I found this a good option and no hassle

• Like 1