Who wants to be the next US president? The 2024 presidential election candidates so far - including Oprah's 'spiritual adviser'

Social Media

As Joe Biden, Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis lead the pack, Sky News takes a look at the candidates hoping to win the race for the White House in 2024.

The race is on...

The race to be the next US president is intensifying.

Will Joe Biden be back for another four years? Are we headed for a Donald Trump White House 2.0… or will there be a new face in the Oval Office?

Sky News takes a look at the list of hopefuls competing to be commander-in-chief - from Florida’s anti-woke warrior and Trump's main rival, Ron DeSantis, to a leading anti-vaxxer who also happens to be a member of the Kennedy clan, and a self-help guru.

Can Uncle Joe do it again?

Joe Biden, Democrat, 80

The "battle for the soul of America is" ongoing, says President Biden, and he needs a second term to secure victory.

His first term has been marked by delivering on some of his core campaign promises (creating millions of jobs, returning America to a sense of normality post-COVID) but there have been lows too (see the chaos in Kabul as it fell to the Taliban).

His critics point to his age - he is the oldest candidate in the race, several years older than Trump - and his propensity for gaffes and the odd unfortunate tumble.

FULL ARTICLE

image.png

Pretty sad lot.  Few I wouldn't endorse, others unfamiliar with, though don't seem qualified or up to the task.  

There's a reason I don't vote.  Sadly, I hope Biden remains, and lives to complete another 4 yr stretch.  Selfish, as only benefits me living as an expat, not good for the USA.

Edited by KhunLA

What if one or both cark it before the big day? 

If either wins they would both be the oldest POTUS in history. 

There needs to be an upper age limit on this job, the stakes are just too high to have enfeebled CinCs making global decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

What if one or both cark it before the big day? 

If either wins they would both be the oldest POTUS in history. 

There needs to be an upper age limit on this job, the stakes are just too high to have enfeebled CinCs making global decisions. 

There won't be. 
That would take an amendment to the constitution which won't happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There won't be. 
That would take an amendment to the constitution which won't happen.

They're certainly not going to vote to give up their gravy train & power.  Congress getting older than ever, and some well into their 80s.

"Chuck Grassley will be 95 years old. The speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, is 82. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is 80"

"In fact, nearly 25% of Congress is over 70 years old."

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/10/1135856127/congress-is-older-than-ever-it-hasnt-always-been-this-way#:~:text=In fact%2C nearly 25% of,is over 70 years old.

A bunch of millionaires, out to touch with the reality of living in USA.

"Majority of lawmakers in 116th Congress are millionaires"

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/04/majority-of-lawmakers-millionaires/

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Heard a good interview with Vivek today on a podcast. He has some good ideas about foreign policy and trade regulation. Sadly he doesn't have much chance to win.  But a very very smart guy and clearly a patriot. 

Christie, I am convinced, is going to play Al Qaeda in this campaign and try to blow up as close to Trump as possible. Going to be entertaining for sure.

Doug Burgum is a smart and well spoken guy, that nobody knows. 

49 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Heard a good interview with Vivek today on a podcast. He has some good ideas about foreign policy and trade regulation. Sadly he doesn't have much chance to win.  But a very very smart guy and clearly a patriot. 

Christie, I am convinced, is going to play Al Qaeda in this campaign and try to blow up as close to Trump as possible. Going to be entertaining for sure.

Christie is the only one really opposing trump.

All those other fakers should get out of the way and give Christie an actual shot.

Otherwise they're only serving the nomination to Trump on a golden platter.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:08 PM, Hanaguma said:

I agree, 'going to be entertaining for sure'.

Also, if Republican LIz Cheney decides to run, even as an Independent.

'Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) on Tuesday said she wouldn’t do anything “that helps Donald Trump” when asked if she would consider a third-party run for the White House'.

Cheney on possible third party bid: I won’t do anything ‘that helps Donald Trump’   | The Hill

Christie on the republican side the only one with any strength or integrity pence is a whipped poodle Desantis is a straight up authoritarian wanna be fascist donald is a mentally ill fraud criminal and possibly a traitor as well definitely a sub par group 

• Thumbs Up 1

Christie is at his best behaving like a Jersey boy.  When he does his political dodging he is completely unconvincing.  The other day a reporter asked DeSantis something about 1/6, and DeS said he has no comment because he wasn't there.  Christie remarked "he doesn't have a television?"  That's what I expect and appreciate from him.  Liz is a GOP pariah at the moment, but when all this MAGA goes the way of the Tea Party I expect her to run for the WH, but not in this decade: 2032 or 2036, if we still have elections by then.

https://www.salon.com/2023/06/29/liz-cheney-is-right-were-electing-idiots--and-shes-a-more-idiot-than-most/

Edited by bendejo

I would like to see biden throw kamala under the bus as VP and name a YOUNG running mate like newsome as VP....although i think biden will beat trump regardless if that is the choice I would bet that a stronger VP choice would guarantee it...kamala just has not shown much in the way of being ready to become vp if biden were to croak....but no way biden will do it....and of course kamala could announce she does not want it but chances of that are slim to none...

Just a shame that out of 300++ million people that we are stuck with two old men with all the baggage to be POTUS....not to mention a supreme court also with old corrupt men as well as lots of corrupt, old, or bat shxt crazy congresspersons.  I was just watching some Obama and bill clinton videos and reminded how nice it was to have an articulate very bright YOUNG guy as potus..