Condo Key Card Copying?

ricklev

Anyone know where I can get a key card copied?  The juristic office wants 500 baht for an extra card. I have had copies made in Bangkok for a different condo for 150 baht.

However, the  key card I want to copy in Chiang Mai opens both the common area doors and the condo room door, so maybe it's more complicated then a key card that only opens the common area doors. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

If you do ask the Juristic if it’s ok to copy.  They might say no just to get the charge.  Difficult to say. 
I would just have them do it and get it done.  But your choice of course 

• Like 1

500 is a bit steep, ours are 300 baht we have the same problem have to buy them from the office, and we are also not allowed to change the lock, I think they are all connected to some computer program, 

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Depends on the type of keys, but I've used one of these succesfully at some condos and hotels.  Pic is from ebay in the UK but I got mine from Lazada with 4 cards and 4 fobs for less.

image.png.8fb22baef41198315b35cc763292aef2.png

Will that device work with the flat key cards that resemble a credit card? 

The locksmiths at malls can usually copy them. I got some made as the condo office had a maximum amount they give per tenant and I needed more. 

I had no luck with the Lazada device. The locksmith said the card was a special one (more difficult to copy) and it cost 300 baht even there. 

22 minutes ago, SS1 said:

The locksmiths at malls can usually copy them. I got some made as the condo office had a maximum amount they give per tenant and I needed more. 

I had no luck with the Lazada device. The locksmith said the card was a special one (more difficult to copy) and it cost 300 baht even there.

Thanks. Where did you get the copy made? 

15 hours ago, ricklev said:

Did you really need to insult me?

remember where you are friend...lol

????

I always copy my actual room key but the card key has me stumped...as i keep mine in a slot with my money and use a money clip so if it lose it id be more concerned about the cash loss

We have a guard outside so he would be able to let me in....maybe offer to buy his card! ????

otherwise may just have to pay the fee...can always haggle the price in LOS....

OOOO brainfart!   maybe go around to fancy apts that you would think use key cards and ask the front desk--say you are opening a apt bldg and wanted to know where u can buy these for your new "business" ????   *yes i have a lot of free free to do these things*

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

22 hours ago, ricklev said:

Did you really need to insult me?

It was a serious question. To me it seems like more than ten bucks worth of effort to circumvent the condo's system. My condos in other countries charge, on average, about $75 for key cards... 500 baht sounds like a bargain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, treetops said:

Depends on the type of keys, but I've used one of these succesfully at some condos and hotels.  Pic is from ebay in the UK but I got mine from Lazada with 4 cards and 4 fobs for less.

As a hotel owner I have to ask. 

Why?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 1:51 AM, AAArdvark said:

Will that device work with the flat key cards that resemble a credit card? 

It depends on the cards and their operating/programming frequency.  I got 4 cards and 4 fobs with my programmer and have used both successfully in the right places.

17 hours ago, Bassosa said:

As a hotel owner I have to ask. 

Why?

If a hotel only gives out one and I want one each for me and my girlfriend and there's no point in asking in some places.

To save me going out to security at home when I have an expected visitor.

If I want a flat card to fit in my wallet rather than a more bulky fob.

To avoid the situation of the OP if I lose one.

Edited by treetops

On 6/15/2023 at 12:15 AM, treetops said:

Do they all work on 125KHz and if not how do you find out the frequency?

Edited by scottiejohn

59 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Do they all work on 125KHz and if not how do you find out?

No, I'm pretty sure there are different systems as many places I have been unable to read the supplied fob/card.

A succesful read shows up on the device.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

No, I'm pretty sure there are different systems as many places I have been unable to read the supplied fob/card.

A succesful read shows up on the device.

How did you know/find out which was the correct system to buy?

On 6/21/2023 at 3:21 PM, scottiejohn said:

You do realize this is a CM thread, not BKK!

I didn't realize, opened the link from the email news digest. But my recommendation in general is checking the key shops of shopping malls. 

• Thanks 1