Ladies In Chiang Mai

j0j0

I need a few t-shirts and tank tops. Nice fitted ones, not small mens ones. I am a uk size 12, all the market stalls and thai shops tend to be one size, which is far too small in the chest.

What to do? I'm new to Chiang Mai. I've tried a few of the markets with no luck. I know there are plenty of malls, but I'd appreciate some advice on which one to try. I'm on a budget too, so the cheaper the better!

thanks

I need a few t-shirts and tank tops. Nice fitted ones, not small mens ones. I am a uk size 12, all the market stalls and thai shops tend to be one size, which is far too small in the chest.

What to do? I'm new to Chiang Mai. I've tried a few of the markets with no luck. I know there are plenty of malls, but I'd appreciate some advice on which one to try. I'm on a budget too, so the cheaper the better!

thanks

Not much around here, I'm afraid! :o There's an export shop at the top of Huay Kaew Rd going towards Doi Sutthep just before the Phucome intersection. You do have to be quite patient at rifling through their stock, as there doesn't seem to be any real system there. A lot of their stock are US brands and sometimes you can pick up a really good bargain!

Tesco do a range of reasonable t-shirts under the label 'Jamie' and 'Jamie Ladies'. I'm a UK size 16-18 and usually fit a XXL so you should fit an L. They're usually priced at around 199 or 259 baht.

Every time I read a post like this I think that I should get off my backside and figure out whether there's a business opportunity here for opening a farang women's clothing shop!

MCL

oh there is definitely a business opportunity there! I eventually got a few t's on sale in 'Pena' in airport plaza. Lucky they were on sale, mind, they were 595b originally. For a t-shirt! Farang size seems to equal farang price :-/

I'll give tesco a go as well

I found some lovely clothes in the wee shops on the ground floor at airport plaza, and one of them even had dresses that looked like they might fit me. SO I asked if I could try them on and the guy in the shop said 'only thai size, no try, sorry'! I was raging! I'm pretty sure I would have fitted in his stupid dress, but I wasn't going to argue with him...