Recommend Nursery For 3-month Old Baby?

Charis

I want to find a good nursery/ daycare for a 3month old baby, any recommendations?

As an alternative, I will have to hire a maid at home. In case of a maid, is it alright to expect her to take care of the baby as well as some chores? How much is usual for such a maid live-out Mon-Fri?

Edited by Charis

Hi Charis, You don't say where you're located. If in Bangkok, I can recommend Neokids, which has several venues in the city. Here's the Web link http://www.neokids.co.th/tiki-custom_home.php It's in Thai. Shd you not read the language, phone numbers are in the bottom left corner: 1st: All Seasons Place (on Wireless), 2nd: Chaengwattana, 3rd: Prasanmit.

Personally, I prefer daycare to at-home nannies as your child is much less likely to be left in a wet nappy, in the corner, etc., while the TV is given more attention. If you do go that option, tho, the cost is likely to be up to about 15k thb a month, depending on the person's experience, work period.

I can recommend Kid's Home for such a service: http://www.thaikidshome.com/ They also operate nurseries, although I haven't used them for that.

Also, I just remembered, some hospitals offer nursery services for babies up to six months. Not very long, but maybe long enough for you to find something that works for you. I presume you have to go back to work.

Edited by chatette

I want to find a good nursery/ daycare for a 3month old baby, any recommendations?

As an alternative, I will have to hire a maid at home. In case of a maid, is it alright to expect her to take care of the baby as well as some chores? How much is usual for such a maid live-out Mon-Fri?

Kluaynamtai hospital (Soi Barbos 2, Suk soi 42, between Ekamai and Phrakhanong) has it's own nursery. Price is for 6 days a week (8am-5pm) is 6000B.

Other hospitals may have that too.

Hi Chatette,

Thanks for the recommendations. Yes, I do have to return to work so I've to find a solution soon. I've seen NeoKids and they are about 13K per baby. Price seemed steep. Nannies on the other hand, as you described, are a little scary especially when there's a case reported in today's papers about a baby being kidnapped by a nanny! There's another centre named Fullakids - any idea about them?

think too mut,

Kluaynamtha hospital nursery is not aircon ventilated and disallow viewing of their premises. So, I guess it's not such a good start.

any other recommendations welcome!

think too mut,

Kluaynamtha hospital nursery is not aircon ventilated and disallow viewing of their premises. So, I guess it's not such a good start.

Where 1yr up kids are, it is airconditioned and we were welcome look around the premisses. First time there I saw a miniature toilet for kids.

I don't know where small babies are kept, there is a wing attached, hard to believe it is not airconditioned. The whole hospital is and that part of the nursery that I saw.

We get our nannies from the Childrens Booster Centre. They are all trained in child care and are excellent. You have the guarantee of the Centre providing you with the Nanies vital statistics, before start work.

I did my research all over Bkk. all nurseries s**k, only one worth put your little fella without comin' and callin' back every half'n'hour.

Get to StLouis Hospital Day Care Unit, they (ONLY them) comply with AAP (Amer.Ass.ofPed'cs), all staff IS (!!!) certified nurses, the cleanness is up-notch. All include. Mon-Fri 6AM-6PM

prepare 6.800 local coins as deposit and same for a month advance.

Located just under the Holy See Fasenda, 345meters from Suarasak SkyTrain Station, Sathorn.