Officially moving from Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima

After years of travelling back and forth between BKK and Korat, I'm now ready to settle there full-time and this coming week I want to officially register as living at my partner's house in her village in Korat.

What is the process? 

Do I go to immigration in Korat and register there as living with her or do I first need to inform immigration at Chang Wattana that I'm moving to Korat? 

What documents do I need and what documents does she have to show? 

I have had dealings with the officers in the Korat immigration branch in the past and, although they have always been very friendly and helpful, I'd still like to be prepared. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can proffer. 

20 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Your partner submits a TM30 to Korat immigration that you stay with her, that’s all, can be done in person or online. You don’t have to do anything.

Thank you FriendlyFarang. So, this TM30 then means I'm permanently living there and I do all my 90 day reporting in Korat too? 

Edited by djayz

Your partner downloads the immigration sec. 38 app from the google playstore, submits a few documents (housebook, id card, rental contract depending on situation) to register her residence in the system.

When that is approved, she can log into the system and fill out a TM30 registering you at the residence.

You can do a search in the app to show the status of your application.  Once it's approved, take a screenshot for your phone, and print off for future use.

Your first 90-day report must be done in person.  After that you can use the online system.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

After that you can use the online system.

And it works perfectly in Korat. I have done it many times already, and it saves a lot of time and money for gas. A One-Way drive to Korat is about 90 kms for me. On the other hand, doing 90 days in the office never took me longer than two minutes. I am really happy with the service there, except for the residence confirmation (buy vehicle, extend driver license). They still ask 300 Baht for a service which is officially free.

• Like 1

Korat Immigration really has their act together 1000%.

90 day report 2 to 5 minutes usually on a Tue or Wed, after 10AM

TM-30 took 15 minutes to process 3 US visitors that stayed at my house, I signed as possessor.

Can't say enough how fast and helpful they are.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1

You will also need to get a resident certificate which get from the same office as tm30, I think it’s free and only takes a few minutes at Korat immigration. Certificate should be stapled in your passport. It’s done in the small office across from the main building.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:49 AM, 9a9a said:

You will also need to get a resident certificate which get from the same office as tm30, I think it’s free and only takes a few minutes at Korat immigration. Certificate should be stapled in your passport. It’s done in the small office across from the main building.

Never had it done free - had around 4 and they've always charged me 500 baht.

OP, you shouldn't have any problems with the officers at Korat but don't ever get on the wrong side of them.  A friend of mine did and everything he needs to do now is either made impossible or takes forever.  The only way to deal with them once that happens is through a lawyer.