Thai National Team

Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

Hi,

Went to watch the Thailand / Iraq game and was pretty disappointed with the performance. To be fair, I thought Iraq were the better team, but what really surprised me was the lack of committment from 'our lads'.

I counted numerous 50/50's that weren't made, the strikers made very few runs off the ball, the midfield rarely got in front of the 2 strikers and the full backs never came forward.

No wonder the stadium was under half full - maybe they all knew their team wouldn't be able to turn it on. I mean, the host nation of a big comp, opening game... they barely seemed 'up for it'.

I can't understand why LOS can't produce a decent team capable of putting upa good performance - we all know they're nuts about football and at grass roots / school level they have a lot of technically gifted players. Physically, they aren't strong, but that's not a good excuse...

There's the (lack of) 'money issue that may explain why the team isn't as good as some - but there's no excuse for putting up a dismally gutless performance at home in the Asian Cup.

James

I do agree with your comments. Even though Thailand had a lot of the ball in the 2nd half, they seemed to lack imagination in the final third. I was at the game and it didn't look like Thailand were ever going to score.

Having a have full stadium didn't help either. The Thai crowd do make a bit of noise but not really enough to intimidate the opposition or to inspire their own team.

I have watched the Thai team on a few occassions now, and although many of the players are techically proficient there does seem to be that extra something missing. Having read some of the comments attributed to the coach in the previous few months, I don't beleive that they will make much progression in international terms as he really seems to be pretty lost. I don't think he even knows what his best team is - and he is lacking a seriously good goalscorer - Winothai may be an option although I'm not full convinced, but he rarely gets a game as the team seems to be picked on past reputation.

In respect of being gutless, I think that was proved when they walked off in that match in Singapore.

I will head down again next monday to watch the match, but I'm sure that the most enjoyable bit will be the discussion after the match with my mates about the game and a few cold ones.

Look at their preperation before this tournament. They spent several weeks in Germany playing park standard teams. They thought they had arranged a game with a Budesliga club, but it ended up being some local non - league side. If they are to get better they need to get organised at the top first. Truly abysmal.

What can you say? We had no money to spend - we suck. We had money to spend - it's gone somewhere and we still suck.

I think Thailand should just quit football in general as a punsishment to ourselves. I rememered the time when we were better than Japan. It was pretty fairly recent.

Blah, our football team pisses me off.