Anyone caring for cat with CKD (kidney disease)?

My CKD cat just died leaving me with a closet full of IV fluids (for SC administration), antinausea meds and other supplies.

I would like to donate to someone else caring for a cat or other pet needing SC fluid administration.

PM me if you can use. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear that.  I just lost two dogs to CKD in less than a week two months ago.  It's really sad to watch them waste away.  I ended up just tossing the remaining Ringer's solution I had.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, connda said:

Sorry to hear that.  I just lost two dogs to CKD in less than a week two months ago.  It's really sad to watch them waste away.  I ended up just tossing the remaining Ringer's solution I had.

Unfortunately as I am about to leave for 3 months in the US, I had stocked up heavily so that the pet sitter would have plenty of everything on hand. It's way too much to just toss.....

On 6/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, Sheryl said:

Unfortunately as I am about to leave for 3 months in the US, I had stocked up heavily so that the pet sitter would have plenty of everything on hand. It's way too much to just toss.....

You're a good person to think so highly for your cat's care. 
I can identify.  I take care of a lot of animals: some mine, some under my care (temple cats and dogs in two temples), and the odd ball feral dogs and cats as well a village dogs and cats who don't seem to get care wherever they happen to live. 

CKD just sucks, especially to watch it happen to two of your pets while the rest are just fine - and you wonder - why?

Best of luck. 

• Like 1