Need some help please - UK Spouse visa - lost passport stamp

Hello all,

My wife is applying for her first visa to live with me in the UK.  Part of the application requires detailing her visits to other countries in the last 10 years.

In 2015 we visited Singapore. She has misplaced her old passport and lost the 2 paper copies we had of her passport stamp. In all her previous holiday visa applications, we included her declaration of visiting Singapore and provided proof of the stamp. I have back up of my stamp and original boarding passes.

Here's the question

Does she (A) still declare that she visited Singapore, I submit what we have, mention it in my sponsor letter and in the "Additional section" of her application write that she has lost the stamp and ask them to refer to her old holiday visa applications for evidence?

(B) Not declare the visit but explain the omission in the "additional section" (in case some eagle eyed person notices against holiday visa applications it has not been declared)?

(C) Mention nothing of the visit to Singapore in application or sponsor letter?

As always thank you in advance for your time and help

A. Give them everything and more. Update your sponsor letter. A good reason to digitise, save and back up all documents (I do this with GF's passport full copy, entry, exit stamps and flight boarding cards).

Still don't get how you wife could lose such a valuable document as old passport but Asians don't place as much importance on evidence for future life. NB: my GF's two children are entitled to another citizenship but after 14 and 20 years they have zero status in that 3rd country despite being entitled to it.

I think you'll be fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 7:35 PM, soi3eddie said:

A. Give them everything and more. Update your sponsor letter. A good reason to digitise, save and back up all documents (I do this with GF's passport full copy, entry, exit stamps and flight boarding cards).

Still don't get how you wife could lose such a valuable document as old passport but Asians don't place as much importance on evidence for future life. NB: my GF's two children are entitled to another citizenship but after 14 and 20 years they have zero status in that 3rd country despite being entitled to it.

I think you'll be fine.

Thanks. We did just that. Gave them everything I had and explained everything. From knowing me, my wife's understanding of importance of certain things is better than the rest of her family. Though they know where the house book is.  We think the family moved her passport when they've had to rearrange the contents of the house a couple of times but didn't think to put it in on their person or a safe place while they did