Kia Carnival

I have been offered to buy a Kia Carnival.

Anyone has experience with one ?

Thanks all

How much, what year, how many kilometres? overall shape?

580,000 baht, year 2003, 76,000 kms, looks in a good condition !

Sounds good if you know the ownership history. Remember that resale will be tough, but if you plan to keep a longer time sounds very good if you can get the owner and service history.

Thanks all

Sounds good if you know the ownership history. Remember that resale will be tough, but if you plan to keep a longer time sounds very good if you can get the owner and service history.

Thanks for your comment Chinthee.....I was not sure if Kia is reliable. I knew about resale value, but this does not bother me !

Edited by Who, me ?

Thanks all

Thanks for your comment Chunthee.....I was not sure if Kia is reliable. I knew about resale value, but this does not bother me !

Yes, it's good and reliable, but be careful with replacement parts, check around to see if they are commonly available. If any repairs, can be expensive if not.

Good luck!

does it need a lot of fuel ?

It's ok. Are you running around a lot with a family or what's your situation? I used that with a driver in Hong Kong to take the kids to and fro, and it was very reliable and comfortable.

driving around 40 kms a day, mostly around Bangna area, sometimes alone, sometimes with family, especially on week end. I like something comfortable and affordable

Yah, good choice for that price. Otherwise looking at WISH or something. I say do it. Of course, try to get the price down. :o

ahahaha ....

Actually, I was interested in a Wish, but had bad feed back about air con at the back.....And it is around 800,000 up for a 2nd hand

I will try to bring price down, and still keep looking for an other choice. But I think I'll go for a Carnival

Not the experience of a friend of mine who has one as a company car in Thailand - infact the company have about 5 of them for senior execs as they fit the entire family. His view is that they are good for 3 years and then they go off lease and back to the leasing company. His view is that they are good for the first 2 years, then things start falling off, mechanics become suspect etc - he has no axe to grind, he just sits in it and his driver drives, but he is not impressed.

I have had the use of a Carnival quite often just lately. Nice car, good Auto transmission, good accessories and comfortable to drive. In your case, my biggest concernwould be the amount of electrics being used, with seat adjustments etc all electrical, and we all know how dodgy electrics can be in hot humind countries.

As for fuel consumption, a recent return trip Chaeng Wattana to Chonburi city via the highway cost about 1500 Baht in fuel

I have had the use of a Carnival quite often just lately. Nice car, good Auto transmission, good accessories and comfortable to drive. In your case, my biggest concernwould be the amount of electrics being used, with seat adjustments etc all electrical, and we all know how dodgy electrics can be in hot humind countries.

As for fuel consumption, a recent return trip Chaeng Wattana to Chonburi city via the highway cost about 1500 Baht in fuel

Thanks for your kind comment...Helpful