Visa exempt entry extension 30 days?

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Book on Agoda with a hotel that allows payment on arrival, and has no cancellation penalties.  Apply for visa. Receive visa. Cancel Agoda booking. 

Reading the SETV Vientiane thread I see they also require this 60 days confirmed accommodation (with same advice of book and cancel). This is why I love visa exempt, no planning or hoop jumping needed ????

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I'm filling in my SETV form and just had a look at 2nd page with document requirements. For SETV it requires a copy of flight tickets in and out, or a letter stating the itinerary/travel plan. So letter should do.

However it also requires "confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of stay". This is ridiculous as who books 60 days before they travel as plans can change daily in Thailand lol

I now think your original plan is actually best if want to avoid the Aus visa hassle with flight/hotel requirement. Just pick a different place to Penang as recommended in posts above?

I can't find the second page, can you link me to the document.... thanks

25 minutes ago, Hikage said:

I can't find the second page, can you link me to the document.... thanks

This is so weird. The Canberra download application has the 2 pages but the Sydney site ony has the 1st page. 

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/toursit-visa-category-tr/

Without the 2nd page the Sydney site doesn't mention to provide copy of flight or accommodation so how would anyone know to do so? Maybe that's on purpose and they don't need?

Edit: Unless it's required as part of the online submission (step 5 is "Primary Document Requirement", Step 6 Document upload)

Edited by Pattaya57

32 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

This is so weird. The Canberra download application has the 2 pages but the Sydney site ony has the 1st page. 

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/toursit-visa-category-tr/

Without the 2nd page the Sydney site doesn't mention to provide copy of flight or accommodation so how would anyone know to do so? Maybe that's on purpose and they don't need?

Edit: Unless it's required as part of the online submission (step 5 is "Primary Document Requirement", Step 6 Document upload)

Ok, right... I was looking at the Sydney one... looks a fair bit easier than Canberra. The document uploads I think are the visa form, passport and other photo id (step 5). They may email back asking for further documents, but like you I'll just ride that train as far as I'm comfortable. If they start asking for accom, flight etc I'll revert to original plan.

edit: I'll attempt to get to step 6 with a "test" run through.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hikage said:

I'll attempt to get to step 6 with a "test" run through.

I got to step 5 and no flight or accommodation mentioned unless it continues. Can't go further without uploading docs

I'll submit tomorrow when I get a new pp pic for form

Screenshot_20230623-214546_Samsung Internet.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I got to step 5 and no flight or accommodation mentioned unless it continues. Can't go further without uploading docs

Screenshot_20230623-214546_Samsung Internet.jpg

Got to step 6... It's only a bank statement with at least A$1,000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hikage said:

Did you have to pre-book air tickets as part of the application?

I provided a flight in to Thailand. I typed a note saying that I may extend my SETV beyond 60 days and so the details of my flight out were uncertain. This was accepted. I.e No onward flight required 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I provided a flight in to Thailand. I typed a note saying that I may extend my SETV beyond 60 days and so the details of my flight out were uncertain. This was accepted. I.e No onward flight required 

Shows how things have changed.... onward travel was never a requirement when entering on a TV. Seems you applied at Canberra which looks to be more strict than Sydney.

28 minutes ago, Hikage said:

Shows how things have changed.... onward travel was never a requirement when entering on a TV. Seems you applied at Canberra which looks to be more strict than Sydney.

It was Canberra. I have applied for plenty of TV's over the years, triple entry, double entry, 15 days at a land border then 30 days as a G7 passport holder (that one baffled me). One of the daftest current regulations is no onward travel is required once you have a TR60 but in many cases you now need onward travel to get the TR60. I am too old to worry about the logic, plenty of ways to fiddle things if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 9:19 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Any luck with your application?

• 3 weeks later...

For reference, you need to upload (Sydney consulate):

- bank statement with at least 1K

- drivers license

- completed visa form with photo

- passport bio page

After approval send them hard copies of the above... bank check/money order covering the cost of the visa along with passport.

That's all I needed to provide.

Edited by Hikage
  • Like 1

@Hikage thanks for confirming requirements. I just sent mine with same docs and happy that no flights or 60 days accommodation needed like other embassies. I also downloaded their recommended Google lens to scan documents on phone so whole application took about 15 minutes

(Yes I keep changing my mind like the weather but it's done now)

Edited by Pattaya57

22 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

@Hikage thanks for confirming requirements. I just sent mine with same docs and happy that no flights or 60 days accommodation needed like other embassies. I also downloaded their recommended Google lens to scan documents on phone so whole application took about 15 minutes

(Yes I keep changing my mind like the weather but it's done now)

Nice, good luck.

I got my Tourist visa approved by Sydney today. Confirm no flight booking required as I made up return flights on application as well as no 60 days hotel bookings required. Life is good ????

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1