Rimping Condominium?

bodo

Rimping Condominium near Warorot market and overlooking the Mae Ping River used to be one of the better places to stay in Chiang Mai some 20 years ago.

But from the outside it now looks quite deserted and there are not too many cars in the parking garage.

Anyone who can tell me what has caused this? Or is it maybe just because of the many new places available nowadays?

22 hours ago, Mahseer said:

I've lived at Rimping 15 years and it's certainly quieter now. The number of condominium blocks built across town give far more options along with the ever increasing number of moo baans along the ring roads certainly folks have plenty of choice these days.

Personally still well content here and seeing some of the prices quoted for rentals/sales around Changklan recently I would say it's an excellent option for those wanting to live in town and this being an older building - 25 years will be close - likely more solidly built than more recent offerings and condo sizes will typically be larger.

Good to hear that. ????

• 3 months later...

Is it noisy,  are there anything to consider with this building if your buying in here as we are looking for a good sized condo in a good area,  mainly for rental return.   The older condos do appeal to me a heck of allot more than the newer ones as they are usually bigger and do seem more solid for sure

Edited by lupanojo
Spelling mistake

Buildings in the tropics have a lifespan - it would be important to know the maintenance fees and if there are many in arears... 

What is the management company like? I like older buildings too - - more character, but having people around is nice too... 

I looked there many years ago and was a bit put off by it being dark and too quiet... Are there any restaurants or convenience stores nearby? 

But I did like the style and location... I guess every place will have plusses and minuses... 

How competitively are the units priced? 

Addressing points raised.

Noise: I'm likely the noisiest here couple of afternoons/week and have never had anyone complain. Upgrade of individual condos an ongoing issue as with any condo building but hours of work limited. Street noise highest on south facing condos.

Management company: Run by family member who built the condo who reside here. Unaware of arrears.

Restaurants:  Samsen Villa riverside on condo grounds/ Northern Thai place across the lights as is Patus Pasta/Noodle shop & convenience shop beside condo.

Competitively priced: 45-50k/sq mtr a reasonable guideline. 

Parking: 4 floors of covered parking. Assigned but car limited to one/condo. Additional parking for bike.